If This Ol Wood Burning Stove Could Talk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If This Ol Wood Burning Stove Could Talk

A few months back my uncle called me and told me about an old wood burning stove that has been sitting in my great uncle's backyard for at least the past 40 years. Before that it was in an old cabin deep in the woods in Colorado County where my grandfather and his twin brother had a deer lease for 25 years from the early 50's and well into the 70's. Both my dad and uncle were raised hunting on this place.

My great uncle's house was sold not long ago. They were having an estate sale and thought I might want it. I immediately jumped in the truck with my dad and off we went. I made my way around back and there were a few people looking at it. I tracked down the lady running the sale in a hurry and told her name your price!

Soon after I got it home, I unloaded it in front of my shop and pulled up a chair. My grandfather was a staple in my life up until he passed away in 2008. He was a huge outdoorsman and he passed that love on to my dad and my uncle Bobby which was passed down to me.

So I sat there for a bit letting my imagination take me back to a better time and a simpler way of life. I grabbed a few pieces of chopped oak wood, started a nice fire inside that ol wood burning stove and imagined sitting around that cabin deep in the woods of Colorado County.

Just recently I asked a good friend of mine Brad if he would be interested in restoring this stove for me. He is the best fabricator I know and boy was I glad to hear he would love to. Of course, he knocked it out of the park and this ol stove is ready to roll smoke for another 50 years.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

About as cool as it gets!

Comment

Wow awesome piece of history and good on you for making sure it will be here for making more memories for your family!! Looks awesome and those pics are so cool! What it would be like to be able to step back in time to those days when life was much simpler. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That’s awesome!

Comment

Great story!

Comment

That is absolutely awesome! So glad you were able to get that stove back.
            Congrats, now you can make some new memories with it.

It really is priceless.

Comment

Way cool! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Very cool

Comment

That’s awesome sir.

Comment

Thank you for sharing

Comment

Grew up with the same stove sitting in the kitchen. Only heat we had. We toasted our morning breakfast on the plates. Home made bread, butter, and jelly. That stove can take the heat, and it radiates heat very well. What a prize!

Comment

That is so legit!!!

Comment

Man this is great! Awesome job all the way around.

Comment

Awesome! Great piece of family history.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            My Flickr Photos

Comment

Great story

Comment

Working...
                              X