Bucees EZ Feeder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cehorn View Post
    You shouldn't have to do it but there are a couple of threads on here with solutions/upgrades for the wiring, coon prevention and stability of the feeder. I did all mods to the first 2 I bought and haven't had any issues. I would have to search again to find the threads but the mods are pretty easy and take less than 30 min. For a couple of hundred bucks cheaper feeder I'm willing to do that before setting it out there.
    I added a varmint guard to the bottom no issues

Comment

The new ones are protected. Bought one and it has been great. I've got pictures of racoons trying to climb it, but the only thing they can get to is the corn on the outisde of the underneath plate guard. Great deal and value in my opinion at the 480 price point.

Comment

HEB in SA still had them for $429

Comment

Originally posted by ArrowHead View Post
          I bought one a few years ago.
          I hope they have done something to protect the wiring.
          I had to put a piece of 1/2" garden hose around it.
          The corn hitting the wire ,shorted out after it chewed the insulation off!

All the wiring issues have been corrected. There is a short piece of 1/2" metal conduit between the motor plate and the compartment where the timer/battery is placed. There is now a shroud around the wiring of the motor too. The only thing that has not been "fixed" is the fact that coons can reach the spinner from the middle of each side and they can empty that sucker pretty quickly once they figure out they can reach the spinner and spin it... The fix is to get some flat bar or angle and extend the bottom plate out to the edge of the feeder bin about 2". That's enough to keep the coons from getting to the spinner. They will still get the leftover kernels left on the plate at the end of the run, but that's not much and soon they lose interest and no longer mess with the feeders. I've got half a dozen of them running on our place down south and once the bottom plate is extended, they have run pretty much trouble free... Still galls me to pay $500.00 for 'em tho.

Comment

Originally posted by axisbuck View Post
            HEB in SA still had them for $429
            Which HEB is that?

Comment

Working...
            X