RV/Camper experts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RV/Camper experts

I am looking at a little 18' camper. It is a 2010 model and everything looks very good. No spots on the ceiling. Only thing I found is that where you take the table pedestal out so you can run the slide in and out, the base had busted loose. I got down there and looked closer and it seemed mushy around the area where it was screwed in. Do the nicer RV dealers put some sort of 1/2" or more soft pad between the wood floor and the vinyl flooring?

Underneath the trailer isn't rusted and the storage areas look great so I know it hasn't been flooded. I just think maybe there has been water on the floor from a refridge defrost or busted pipe.

Is there any way I can tell for sure? I cant really find any soft spots when I walk on it, I am just wondering why that pedestal came loose.

In 20 plus years in the business, I have never seen any padding under wood or vinyl flooring. Can you take the base out and look underneath it?

Comment

Did you inspect the roof??

Don’t take but a pinhole to ruin a camper.

If’n you don’t know what to look for, take it to a professional and have it inspected.

Comment

Working...
      X