Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bollomb View Post
    [ATTACH]967904[/ATTACH]

Any age guesses for the deer on the right?

5 or older.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post
      5 or older.

X2

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
        I put a camera in a creek crossing that I found in February scouting this particular buck. Lots of big tracks told me it was still being used. I figured the bedding was to the north (kinda crp looking) and plots are 200yards or so south. Got pics every morning and evening but all a family of doe. This bottom was thrashed with big rubs last year, but unsure if the one in after made them are possible the one I killed in November. Either was it’s a great bit of info to have the does natural travel path to bedding!

Also cut about a200 yards of walking deer trail at another location tha connected a “cruising “ path around another bedding area and bigger food plot. He’s been in this plot already this year I just have to find how he gets from point a to point b, so tree options on this property suck more than west Texas. If I can get him or doe using this trail I was lead them past a huntable ambush spot. The amount of work it’s taking to bridge the gaps on this bucks route are exhausting... oh but it will be worth it

Pretty cool stuff. It’s always interesting to see there travel routes and patterns. It’s certainly hard to get in their mind and figure them out. Like you said, big piece of knowledge just figuring out how the does are operating.

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
          X2

How's your Ghost feeder holding up?

Comment

Does anyone know about leases close to Appleby Tx. Southeast of Lake Naconiche. Looking at a place close by and was wondering if deer activity in or close to this area any good.

Comment

My wife and her family are generations deep in Nacogdoches and her parent's home is in Appleby. I have spent the last 12 years hunting the area. Most of her family and friends leases that I have hunted are all high fence or bordered by the Angelina, so the genetics are localized and they have really impressive deer.
              I do hunt the family farm in Cushing which is low fence. The hardest part about that property is no communication between neighbors on a management plan. Luckily the property is large enough a few deer may range within the boundaries. But any legal 3 or 4 year age class bucks that wander will be shot. I have seen an improvement of more mature bucks over the last decade, but that can really vary on pressures from the neighbors from year to year.

Originally posted by Qban View Post
              Does anyone know about leases close to Appleby Tx. Southeast of Lake Naconiche. Looking at a place close by and was wondering if deer activity in or close to this area any good.

Comment

2019/2020 east Texas hunting thread..

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
                How's your Ghost feeder holding up?

4 years strong... i highlyyyyy recommend it to people with a lot of pressure, and weary deer herds! HIGHLY!

Comment

Originally posted by Qban View Post

I used to hunt some public (type II) area north of Nacogdoches back in college. There were great genetics and some studs there. It was taken out of public hunting years ago though. Plenty of deer in the area if you find someone willing to lease to you.

Comment

4 years strong... i highlyyyyy recommend it to people with a lot of pressure, and weary deer herds! HIGHLY!

Good to hear, I’m going to try and get mine put out Labor Day weekend.

Comment

The “deer trail” I made earlier this week paid off already! 5 different bucks using it! 2 mature.... and 1 is “wonder bra”!

Comment

It’s closing in quick now!

Comment

I know I’m getting the itch...

It’s closing in quick now!

Comment

Up early this morning before too hot. Put in my harness and grabbed a loc on and sticks. There ain’t but one tree big enough to hold a squirrel up in the whole area, but it’s where I need to be. Up about 18’ in a big post oak. Y’all entry and exit will SUCK... but it is what it is. It’s how he’s survived the gauntlet. Google earth last night found 4 feeders not on me with in 300 yards. lol 1 is 100’ from property and about 120 yards from me.... wide open

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                              The “deer trail” I made earlier this week paid off already! 5 different bucks using it! 2 mature.... and 1 is “wonder bra”!

That’s pretty cool!

Comment

Have you posted any pics of wonder bra?

Comment

Working...
                                X