Memorial weekend bust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Memorial weekend bust

So last Saturday my wife and kids took off to Mississippi to go see her sister and family and that left me here to have a free three day weekend. I had looked forward to this for about a month. We have about 400 acres in Abuja that backs up to the Neches River bottom and I’ve decided to stop looking for a lease close to Tyler and just make that my hunting grounds and make it work. It has an old camp house on it but it’s a falling in rat hotel now a days so it’s gonna be a Primitive camping experience for a while. Anyhow, I built a new feeder, got all my stuff gathered, batteries charged, road feeder modified and working. I’m going to go down Saturday, put out the feeder, corn roads and just have some fun. This place is narrow (approx 1200’) and long (3 miles). And if it’s wet, I park at the front and unload the ranger there. I arrive, go dump off feeder where I want it, do some driving around and get the roads all perfectly marinated, tent set up (on the far end from the truck) and ready to get this party started. Ok, it’s 1 hr before dark, I’m going to go to the truck, run into town and grab a bite and some beer. I get a half a mile from the truck, and I run over the end of Andreas pine tree that had been hidden by the grass and blow a rear tire on my ranger. Son of a AAHHHHH!!!! Had to limp it to the truck, load it up and drive back to colmesneil where my family lives and stay the night. Bummed a tire off some old take offs my uncle had and went back next day to get my tent and setup the feeder. Then it rained all day/night Sunday when I wanted to do a night hunt on my feeder in colmesneil. Momma cooked some collard greens, and I got so good time spent with my grandma. that was about the extent of the excitement of the weekend. Definitely could have been worse. And I have two new ranger tires coming to try out some better tires

Here’s a couple pics
    Attached Files

Comment

some days are diamonds; some days are stones

Comment

Originally posted by easeup View Post
        There’s a song in there somewhere

Comment

Originally posted by easeup View Post
          Truer words could have probably not been found. Pretty much sums it up

Comment

Working...
          X