Dining table for daughter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dining table for daughter

After doing a complete gut and remodel of my daughter’s kitchen and dining room couple years ago finally getting around to making her a custom dining table. Been working on it for last several weeks. Here are some pics of the progress including my makeshift “workshop”. Don’t have anywhere else other than back deck to work on this.

Blocks were from old 4x4 fence posts. Glued down to plywood and framed in red oak. Then flattened with a router sled after filling all cracks and splits with epoxy.

Then built legs from red oak also.

Made frame for the top and had to stain one of the leaves to see what it would look like. Then loaded it up for the trip to San Angelo to finish at her house.

Bunch of sanding and then started working on an inlay for the top. Just glued the inlay in place and waiting for it to dry right now. Then final sanding and finishing.

Wow! Not even finished and that table is nothing short of stunning!

Comment

Nice!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That table is a work of art Sir!!

Comment

The Lone Star table is outstanding, your daughter will love it for sure. Good progress photos to document your fine craftsmanship as a woodworker. Really dig the grain pattern made from the posts. It is rough texture, but is surrounded by a simple, plain red oak border frame. I’m a wood hack and not a designer so I don’t know the correct thing to call it, but the rough, busy texture of the post grain surrounded by the simple red oak frame just works to make a beautiful table. That Lone Star inlay is a top notch addition. Looking forward to you posting pics after finish is applied. Great woodworking, you have made a totally cool table.

Comment

That is awesome!!! I can't wait to see the finished piece!

I like that router sled. I need to add one to my little workshop.

Comment

Very nice table. Tell us more about that old Ford 79?

Comment

Originally posted by twosixteens View Post
                Very nice table. Tell us more about that old Ford 79?

Thanks. The truck is my son’s (79F250 on here) and we restored it years ago. Here is the thread from that.

1979 Ford prepping for paint

Comment

Made a few hot pads also from left over material. Was a good test of color.

Comment

Inlay done and table has been stained. Urethane goes on tomorrow

Comment

And legs stained also.

Comment

Work of art right there. You got some great talent! I’m sure your daughter will cherish it forever.

Comment

Wow, very nice, that looks awesome.

Comment

Looks good!!!

Comment

WOW!!!!!!!! thx for share

Comment

Working...
                              X