Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck to the kiddo's!!

Comment

Nice. I'll be going to the texas panhandle opening weekend for rios and got drawn for hagerman for late April. I think that is all I will be able to get in this season.

Comment

I'm so ready to get this season kicked off! I have Texas, New Mexico, and Kansas on the docket this year. I'm hoping to squeeze a scouting mission in New Mexico for some additional new public grounds, but my schedule is bonkers right now.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

4 Year old handling high brass 20ga is pretty impressive! Good luck to y'all!

We'll be out trying to get Snoop on 1 or 2 in between baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
            4 Year old handling high brass 20ga is pretty impressive! Good luck to y'all!

We'll be out trying to get Snoop on 1 or 2 in between baseball.
            We're not shooting turkey loads yet! Believe it or not, dove load is perfect for the young guys. Less recoil and it throws about a basketball size pattern at 15 yards

Comment

I’ve thought about picking up an over/under just to have two different loads to throw at a turkey depending on how far out it is.

Comment

I don’t usually stroke guys egos....but some of you true turkey hunters should check out world champion caller Dave Owens you tube channel called “The Pinhoti Project”. It’s some real good videos on turkey hunting. Pretty sure he has killed turkey in every state that has them. 90% of them in public land. And he shows the truth on what it takes to get it done... it ain’t always a classic hunt....but it’s always honest. Check him out!

Comment

Originally posted by Passthrough View Post
                  I don’t usually stroke guys egos....but some of you true turkey hunters should check out world champion caller Dave Owens you tube channel called “The Pinhoti Project”. It’s some real good videos on turkey hunting. Pretty sure he has killed turkey in every state that has them. 90% of them in public land. And he shows the truth on what it takes to get it done... it ain’t always a classic hunt....but it’s always honest. Check him out!
                  I tend to think that he overcalls at times, but then again, if I was as good of a caller as he was, I’d probably call more too. Chubs is greatness!

Comment

Let’s get this party started! Hope this kiddos make em flop, can’t beat it! Trying again this year for my son, may let him take the new 410 o/u he won at DU last week. Hope to have a trip to Ozona for a Rio, and I We’ll be chasing those dang Easterns as usual. Good luck to everyone who his season, hope a lot of long beards hit the dirt!

Comment

Making the list to make sure I don't forget anything tomorrow and its pretty funny to see stuff like "pink iPad, popcorn, breakfast bars, & pink ear muffs" on the list

Plan is to get Kayden from school tomorrow at 3:00, head to FC to grab Logan, and then be scouting/roosting turkeys tomorrow evening. My brother insists that he has a spot with lots of turkeys so we'll see. I'm giving myself plenty of time to scout to make sure. If scouting doesn't pan out, we'll go with Plan B which is my normal spots in Karnes County.

with some luck, hopefully we can get both Kayden and Logan on some birds!

Comment

I've watched every episode

He's killed in all 49 states that have a huntable population

Comment

Originally posted by ClayW View Post
                          I've watched every episode

He's killed in all 49 states that have a huntable population
                          That’s what I thought! Dude is a machine! And I like the way he hunts. I’ve never thought he overcalls. But like was mentioned....if I sounded that good I’d be calling that *** off....lol

Comment

I’ve been watching these and that guy is legit.

Comment

This season looks pretty promising, been keeping tabs on them for a few weeks now. Some places they look a little ahead, others look a little behind. The more I watch them year round, the more I realize ol’ Tommy Longbeard never stops trying every chance he gets no matter the temp, moon phase, wind or precip. Hope all have a great season and success finds yall often!

Looks like jmalin has been ready for this thread, and has already made an informal appearance! Can’t wait for the camera shy success stories......

Comment

Decent amount of longbeards still cruising the feeders solo, and some chasing the ladies....

Comment

Working...
                                X