Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, I cranked up the poundage on my bow now that turkey season is over....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, I cranked up the poundage on my bow now that turkey season is over....

I thought I'd fling a few arrows to start building my strength back up and work on my form. I'm either getting old, or weak, or both. This is just pathetic.

Are your arrows properly spined? Changing poundage can change your correct arrow spine as well.

Comment

^ I could probably increase the poundage of my bow, 65ish currently, the remaining ~10lbs but it's shooting great now! Don't want to risk it. Loving my current setup

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
        Are your arrows properly spined? Changing poundage can change your correct arrow spine as well.
        I only turn the poundage down during turkey season so that my Bullheads fly well. I'm using the same arrows at 70lbs. that I always have, and they are flying great. My issues are strictly with me and my weak *** self.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
          I thought I'd fling a few arrows to start building my strength back up and work on my form. I'm either getting old, or weak, or both. This is just pathetic.
          Ultra
          Not sure where you located, but Turkey season isn't over(Texas at least). Increase poundage on bow shouldn't effect your normal setup(if you have been shooting same arrows, but decrease poundage after season. But now I creasing it back up). This assumes you were shooting the higher poundage 1st during season and let it down after season. You just going back to way it was at start.
          If those are factors, it is you getting back into form.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Been there, done that!! It only gets worse!! Gettin' old ain't for sissies!! Got my 70# bow cranked as low as I can now... Next step is a new lower max. poundage bow... Been avoiding that as long as possible because I like the heavy arras I'm shootin'... 500+ gr. arra and don't want to go any lighter if I don't have to...

Comment

Originally posted by tiberiuswade View Post
              Ultra
              Not sure where you located, but Turkey season isn't over(Texas at least). Increase poundage on bow shouldn't effect your normal setup(if you have been shooting same arrows, but decrease poundage after season. But now I creasing it back up). This assumes you were shooting the higher poundage 1st during season and let it down after season. You just going back to way it was at start.
              If those are factors, it is you getting back into form.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
              We are in the south zone, so it ended last weekend. I got two earlier in the season, so I'm content.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UB8jd_sueu4"]2019 Turkey beheading - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                I only turn the poundage down during turkey season so that my Bullheads fly well. I'm using the same arrows at 70lbs. that I always have, and they are flying great. My issues are strictly with me and my weak *** self.
                Gotcha. Well sounds like you need some geritol.

Comment

I shoot 58 lbs and have no issues killing anything in Texas. Not sure what you jumped up to but many of us shoot in the 50-60lb range these days.

Comment

I haven't given in yet but thought about it.. bought a new vertix and went with the 75 lb mods.. between that and an up coming elk hunt it has motivated me to get back in the gym. I was shooting 72 out of my insanity and the new bow was 78 on the scale.. I've got another 10 years or so before I give in..

Comment

Working...
                    X