Shnf hog hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shnf hog hunt

Anybody wanna get together and go after some hogs?
    Gonna go scouting sometime soon with my son once my arm is healed up so I can hold him when he's pooped out from walking lol.

I’ll be done to do some scouting in a few months.. I don’t know much . I’ve done a few scout trips last year but didn’t know what I was doing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've seen a few big ones in there. How old is your son?

Comment

He just turned 3 so I probably won't take him if I'm really trying to get into the thick stuff after a hog. Just mentioned it as in I'm going to be getting out in the woods some to scout. More I scout more I'll want to put a pig in the freezer.

Comment

I need sombody to show me the ropes... I would like to camp out there as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’d like to get out there in the next month or so to scout and try to shoot a hog. My previous spots seem to have gotten popular with other hunters lately so it’s time to find a new place deeper in there...

Comment

Originally posted by Hooverfb View Post
              He just turned 3 so I probably won't take him if I'm really trying to get into the thick stuff after a hog. Just mentioned it as in I'm going to be getting out in the woods some to scout. More I scout more I'll want to put a pig in the freezer.
              Mine is 4 and loves going. Whenever be gets tired I usually carry him back. Now that he's a little bigger I try to get him to suck it up and walk but I want him to keep going.

As far as finding pigs I usually just use Google Earth and OnX to find spots that look like they would hold water or mud. I tend to gravitate towards creeks and points when scouting for deer so a lot of what I'm looking at then overlaps for pigs. I'm always up for a scouting session if you want someone to roam around with.

Comment

I'd be up for joining as well. My son is 3, and I was planning on trying to get out there with him to do some exploring and scouting (and look for some equipment I lost out there last year). Maybe sometime the next few weekends?

Comment

I'm down! I've been wanting an excuse to get back out there and check out some piggy looking spots I drove by! This weekend is no good but the next 2 are good for me

Comment

Agreed this weekend is a no go but should be open from there. Let's try n meet up n scout with our boys, then get after some hogs.

I should be cleared to use my arm by then.

Comment

3 years old!! That's the perfect size to fit in the places we can't and crawl through the thick stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by ca1219 View Post
                        3 years old!! That's the perfect size to fit in the places we can't and crawl through the thick stuff!

How are his knife skills?

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post

How are his knife skills?
                          He's gotta start em sometime right?

Comment

Sounds like we need to plan a kids day/ weekend out there. I’ve been wanting to get my 4 and 3 ups out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooverfb View Post
                              He's gotta start em sometime right?
                              What better way than hand to hoof combat with a wild pig?

Comment

Working...
                              X