Protein feed trials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Protein feed trials

I have two identical protein feeders 100 yds apart. They have corn feeders too. Have been trying to find out what protein feed these deer in Walker county like. I have been filling up each with a different brand and letting the deer choose. Have tried, MG, L&E, DD, and Purina Antler Max. Was wondering if there were any other brands y'all have had good luck with?

GamePro is great one. I currently feed AntlerMax20 at my place and a commodity mix at the ranch. Consumption is a little slow this year but picking up in the last week.

Comment

So which one has the deer liked the best so far ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You from Itasca? Unrelated to post...

But related to post, yes I am interested in the results.

Comment

We feed ADM Rack Plus and they are hammering it right now.

Comment

I hate to say it but all the deer I’ve fed prefer DD

Comment

Originally posted by TTU TX Hunter View Post
              I hate to say it but all the deer I’ve fed prefer DD
              Blasphemy

Comment

Bryant, I’ve been feeding it in Oklahoma and they’ve been hammering it.

Comment

They will eat the crap out of this.. Not 20% but whitetail and Axis love it.. Its the only thing, besides corn, that I can get deer to eat in Brazoria county..

Comment

antlermax 20 is what we feed our deer

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Buck Ration us a great feed

Comment

Originally posted by Whampuscat2 View Post
                        I have two identical protein feeders 100 yds apart. They have corn feeders too. Have been trying to find out what protein feed these deer in Walker county like. I have been filling up each with a different brand and letting the deer choose. Have tried, MG, L&E, DD, and Purina Antler Max. Was wondering if there were any other brands y'all have had good luck with?
                        Great idea! We would love to be a part of your trial. If interested, please DM us so we can get you some West Feeds, 20% Deer Pellets, on us!
                        Last edited by West Feeds; 05-30-2020, 06:25 PM.

Comment

I mix record rack pellets with their golden deer nuggets and corn.
                          Sometimes i add game pro roast led soy bean. They eat it faster than i can keep up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Hix View Post
                            I mix record rack pellets with their golden deer nuggets and corn.
                            Sometimes i add game pro roast led soy bean. They eat it faster than i can keep up.

I found that the dryness of corn helps keep the protein from clogging up. I usually mix 4 sack to one corn and stir it up with a boat paddle.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
                              So which one has the deer liked the best so far ?

So far it's been kind of mind blowing. I've got so much BS from feed store owners, what ever they carry is always the best. I don't want to start any arguments or seem to be pushing one over the other. I do want to try as many brands as possible and let the deer decide. I will say that if you are having the feed mold up in the tubes, you are feeding the wrong brand. I want to try a few more brands before I make a decision. I have been trying to find out if a cheaper brand is as good or better than some of the more expensive ones. Probably will be another three months of testing.

Comment

Working...
                              X