X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TXBRASS View Post
    Anyone go out this past weekend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I've heard of a couple of guys that went. I haven't heard how they did other than it was pretty muddy and everything is very green.

My UTV is outta action until the repairman gets back from California this Friday. I don't think he'll have it fixed by opening weekend. And I cant' go the second weekend either. Looks like it'll gonna be mid November.

Comment

Pictures I got back from my Coverts shows it is dry as of this morning.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Ckrue06 View Post
        I figured I might find someone on here who was hunting around the Hagelstein ranch! How close is the Holmes? I know the Brown and Walker ranches our there but never heard of the Holmes. I’m sure Ele (the owner and operator) knows exactly where you are. Best of luck out there! I’ll be out that way to shoot a doe or two at some point this season. Are you able to shoot mule deer on your lease? Also been seeing some STUD bull elk running around out there.
        Yes we can shoot Mulies. I usually come in off of Hardgrave road. We go thru the Walker, Were the road Y's on the Conex Ranch (or what ever its called now) its the ranch with the big runway on it, you can go right and go to the Haglestein or left and go to Holmes.

Comment

I bow hunted the Hagelstein Ranch for a long time.....I saw Chris in Menard a few years ago, I guess they still have the ranch in Hamilton...Haven't heard from Eli Chris since he got married and moved to New Mexico.....I would imagine Carlton is selling something big....

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Murphey View Post
            I bow hunted the Hagelstein Ranch for a long time.....I saw Chris in Menard a few years ago, I guess they still have the ranch in Hamilton...Haven't heard from Eli Chris since he got married and moved to New Mexico.....I would imagine Carlton is selling something big....
            Yes sir, they still have the place in Hamilton as well. Really pretty country out there. Ele Chris is in Sanderson, running the ranch there! Funny how little of a world it is out here.

Comment

I started another thread on this, but....

I talked with Terrell County Road and Bridge today about the road into our lease and unfortunately its a private road so they won't work on it. I pretty much knew it was private, but wanted to verify it.

Anyway, he did say that Chandler Road and 5 Mile Road near Dryden are washed out. I'm not sure how many of you use those roads, but I thought i would at least put the information out there.

Comment

5 mile is always bad after a rain

Comment

I'm heading out next week on opening for rifle. Went out there 2 weeks ago with bow and struck out. It's too **** green out there.

Comment

My UTV is broke down and the road into the ranch is washed out so we've got someone to fix the road, but I still can't make it until at least the 17th. I'm bummed over it.

Comment

I will be back out in Dec. I try to bowhunt the last 10 days of rifle season. Most gun hunters are gone by then. A lot of time the bucks start chasing doe the last few days of season

Comment

I'm hearing hearsay that rut activity has been seen. I doubt it, rut in Dryden is never this early. Any of you fellas have some input on this?

Comment

Not a chance that's happening now. It won't get kicked off good until Thanksgiving.

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
                            Not a chance that's happening now. It won't get kicked off good until Thanksgiving.
                            That's what I say. Thanksgiving to early December.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Kidd View Post
                              That's what I say. Thanksgiving to early December.
                              I usually start seeing the bigger bucks around December 8-13 time period. Last year, all of my big bucks disappeared after opening weekend and didn't reappear until the last weekend of the season. But, they were still after the does a little bit.

Comment

Kiddos picked about 40 pounds of acorns for
                                me today. Thinking about scattering them in the feed pen in Dryden when we head that way. Guessing those deer have never even seen an acorn, so not sure if it will help or hurt. Ur thoughts?

Comment

Working...
                                X