This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
    Things will die. Libations will abound. College football will be watched. Hopefully no arrests take place

Has also been mention of a mountain lion that needs to be dispatched, lil' nervous about that one actually
    I guess we could stake out Smart and use him as lion bait. He might as well be productive since he isn't adding to anything else

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy View Post
      An undefeated Big12 champion gets in no matter what. Baylor will not be undefeated so the argument is not worth having. If you believe any undefeated conference champ would be left out you are crazy.

Also understand that non conference schedules are made a decade or more out. This isn’t Rhule’s schedule. Analysts want you to believe these schedules are made year to year.

I am assuming you mean Power 5 conference...seeing as the Big 12 is last in importance of the other 4 P5 conferences...absolutely they would be left out...
      Lets assume for a min

LSU- undefeated...they are in
      tOSU...undefeated they are in
      Clemson...undefeated they are in

so that the SEC, Big 10, ACC,

Pac 12..Oregon undefeated...they are in

The only way The Big 12 would be in if its OU or Texas...no way Baylor gets in if the other P5 conferences are undefeated......
      Not a chance

You may bump an ACC team IF its not Clemson

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
        I am assuming you mean Power 5 conference...seeing as the Big 12 is last in importance of the other 4 P5 conferences...absolutely they would be left out...

Lets assume for a min

LSU- undefeated...they are in

tOSU...undefeated they are in

Clemson...undefeated they are in

so that the SEC, Big 10, ACC,

Pac 12..Oregon undefeated...they are in

The only way The Big 12 would be in if its OU or Texas...no way Baylor gets in if the other P5 conferences are undefeated......

Not a chance

You may bump an ACC team IF its not Clemson

In that hypothetical someone would be left out. I cannot fathom your very EXTREME hypothetical ever happening. If it did the current system would be broken. In any other scenario pick 4 P5 undefeated conference champions and not one will be left out. It will not happen.

Comment

In that hypothetical someone would be left out. I cannot fathom your very EXTREME hypothetical ever happening. If it did the current system would be broken. In any other scenario pick 4 P5 undefeated conference champions and not one will be left out. It will not happen.
          Dude, the system is broken...you have 5 Power 5 conferences and only 4 spots....and with the bias for the SEC...sometimes 2 P5 champs are left out

I can absolutely see 5 undefeated P5 champs one day...not this year, but it will happen someday

And throw in ND....or a Boise St...etc....

I dont see the reluctance to an 8 team playoff......makes perfect sense

Comment

Dude, the system is broken...you have 5 Power 5 conferences and only 4 spots....and with the bias for the SEC...sometimes 2 P5 champs are left out

I can absolutely see 5 undefeated P5 champs one day...not this year, but it will happen someday

To fans it makes sense. There has already been a study done and coaches are not in favor of expanding the playoffs. With the move to tougher schedule 5 undefeated teams is less likely. Hate the system but know the conspiracy theory doesn’t hold water. Big12 has to improve their noncon schedule which is beginning to happen as old schedules are fading away.

Comment

Right now they have two SEC and two Big 10 in. LOL.

Comment

To fans it makes sense. There has already been a study done and coaches are not in favor of expanding the playoffs. With the move to tougher schedule 5 undefeated teams is less likely. Hate the system but know the conspiracy theory doesn’t hold water. Big12 has to improve their noncon schedule which is beginning to happen as old schedules are fading away.
                Big 12 needs to add 4 teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                  Big 12 needs to add 4 teams.

Yes they do. The AD’s are way too money hungry. They need to bite the bullet and expand. Go East, West or wherever and understand that long term it will benefit the conference.

Comment

2019 College Football Week 11

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
                    I guess we could stake out Smart and use him as lion bait. He might as well be productive since he isn't adding to anything else

Smart is being very productive today and working as well..

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                      Smart is being very productive today and working as well..

Good deal. You can bring the food! Train leaves in the morning

Comment

Me thinks in 2025 (?) when the Big 12 TV rights deal expires, OU and TX are going to leave the conference and the whole thing will implode lol

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy D View Post
                          Me thinks in 2025 (?) when the Big 12 TV rights deal expires, OU and TX are going to leave the conference and the whole thing will implode lol

SEC expands to 16 teams. UT and OU join. Bama and Auburn move over to the SEC East? Sounds easy enough but doubt it happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve heard that OU and OSU are a package deal anywhere they go. Don’t know if this is fact.

Comment

That SEC bias must be real considering the BIG 10 has the same amount of teams in the top 4 as the SEC.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                                I’ve heard that OU and OSU are a package deal anywhere they go. Don’t know if this is fact.
                                That was what they said back when conference realignment was all the rage.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X