AC Problem help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AC Problem help

My wife tried to turn the heater on from the thermostat while I was away hunting and it didn't come on. We have already used it this yr and it worked fine.

Long story short, nothing works. No AC, heat or fan. I checked the outside AC breaker and also the main breaker. I changed the batteries in the thermostat and still nothing.

any ideas ?

Clean your overflow valve were condensation is piped outside. It will shout down your unit.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7V6iq7qMSI"]Explain how does a HVAC condensate overflow shut-off switch device works - AC A/C - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Tracker View Post
      Clean your overflow valve were condensation is piped outside. It will shout down your unit.

Explain how does a HVAC condensate overflow shut-off switch device works - AC A/C - YouTube
      i did that a couple of weeks ago because the pan was holding water. poured bleach down both drains. I didn't see a float like that in the pan. I will look again. Thanks
      Last edited by Texas8point; 11-21-2019, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Electric or gas? If electric your breaker in the furnace is probably bad

Comment

Separate breaker for your upstairs unit if you didn't check that. Also sometimes a light switch to kill power someone could have turned off. If the pan is full of water, probably safety shutoff. Drain the water see what happens. Not sure your comfort level beyond that. Proceed at your own risk, best done by a professional which I'm not. No particular order - Check voltage out of all breakers, make sure they didn't go bad. There will be a fuse on your furnace board upstairs, check that. Make sure cover on your upstairs unit is closed completely, there is a safety switch that wont let it run if panel is open. Make sure that switch is working either by voltage or continuity test. If you have power, board should have an indicator light to help you diagnose past that, including telling you if tstat is calling for heat/cool.

Comment

Pull the cover on inside unit and check the low voltage fuse.

Comment

Gas or electric? If nothing responds, check power as mentioned above. If gas, make sure the door on the bottom of the furnace is on correctly and tight. There is a switch on this door which kills control power if the door is not properly installed.
              Without more info that's as much as I can help.

When I am able to work, this is what I do.

Comment

Working...
              X