Limo Cart Makeover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Limo Cart Makeover

Recently started part time managing a Whitetail Ranch and this cart was sitting in the barn. Had a flat tire, batteries didn't look good and it was collecting dust. I told the ranch owner that if he ever decided to sell it that I would be interested. His response was "It's yours!"

I finally brought it home Friday and started tinkering with it. Swapped batteries from my current cart to see if it would work. They are weak and need replacing but hold enough voltage to run 2-4 hrs. No luck so I began process of elimination checking voltage here and there. I narrowed it down to either the controller or F-N-R switch. Saturday morning after batteries were charged I checked it again and still nothing so decided to take it to a local cart shop. They did exactly what I did and determined either controller or F-N-R switch. Gave me pricing on each item and I loaded the cart and left. Once home I removed the switch and cleaned it hoping maybe it's just the contacts not working. After an hour or so I still couldn't get it to move so I gave up. Came out this afternoon to roll it off the trailer and to my surprise she kicked in gear and took off. The next 3 hrs I took the kids for a ride.

The cart is already jacked up with good tires however they are 2 different sizes. My plan is to swap rims/tires with my other cart, add fender flares, front storage rack, rear folding bed seat, LED Bar(s), gun racks, paint, camo seats and anything else I come across that would come in handy.

New batteries are first sometime this week if I can find time to pick some up!

Bowslayer on here will be helping with advice and possibly some of the work if he is interested. He is a master when it comes to carts!
    Attached Files

Nice ride

Comment

Sweet you are a lucky guy. That will be great fun.

Comment

Stealth machine....

Comment

Going for a finished look similar to this. Seats camo and any metal will be black.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Jon B View Post
            Stealth machine....
            Yes sir!!!! Quiet and deadly! My other cart has already been good sneaking in on critters. Beats gas motors until you run out of juice!

Here is my current cart I plan to swap shoes from and possibly seat covers so I just have to buy one more. Then again I may buy camo material and reupholster the white seats myself.
            Attached Files

Comment

following

Comment

In on this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Put a winch in the budget, bet that thing is heavy

Then get you a driver to drop you off and pick you up

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                    Put a winch in the budget, bet that thing is heavy

Then get you a driver to drop you off and pick you up
                    Winch!!!!! I completely forgot about one!

I'm debating a roof rack. They look cool but don't see them being worth the money.

Comment

Adding seat belt kit as well.

Comment

I wish I ran across deals like this!!

Comment

So when do I come pick up the old one?

Comment

I like the front basket on the tan/green one!!!

Im also messing with one right now for a sporting clays cart. I cant decide to build or buy the racks. Material and labor is cheap, finding the time is another story

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
                              I wish I ran across deals like this!!
                              They all have been falling in my lap.

Originally posted by perow View Post
                              So when do I come pick up the old one?
                              Lol... Feel free to borrow it when you like. I will probably keep both but may part with one just not sure yet. My wife likes the small one and I like the limo.

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                              I like the front basket on the tan/green one!!!

Im also messing with one right now for a sporting clays cart. I cant decide to build or buy the racks. Material and labor is cheap, finding the time is another story
                              Time is my problem. I will probably just buy some already done and slap it on.

Comment

Working...
                              X