Surgery Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surgery Update

This is double bogey, my daughter is typing this for me as I wanted to give an update. As some of you may know I came in early for sugery due to my spine hardware being loose. As you can imagine pain level is incredibily high on and off. Doctor believes sugery was very sucessful, he achieved what he wanted in two surgeries instead of three like his original plan. Apparenlty this was a interesting surgery because doctors not involved have checked in on me. My surgery was at Baylor Plano and they are keeping me comfortable. I have been moved at step down from ICU. Recovery will be long and painful, however looking forward to actual recovery as it may be months or longer before I can draw a bow if ever again.This is the first day I’ve been remotely able to communicate this much, and without someone to do this it would not be happening. I know many of you are praying and I would like you to continue, without prayers and family I wouldn’t have gotten this far in this journey. I will keep you updated as I am able .

Surgery consisted of...
    Day one
    Embolize T6-T8 Vertebrae

Day 2
    Removal of T6-T8 Vertebrae
    And installation of new hardware

Future
    Lots of therapy and recovery time to get back on my feet

Originally posted by double bogey View Post
    This is double bogey, my daughter is typing this for me as I wanted to give an update. As some of you may know I came in early for sugery due to my spine hardware being loose. As you can imagine pain level is incredibily high on and off. Doctor believes sugery was very sucessful, he achieved what he wanted in two surgeries instead of three like his original plan. Apparenlty this was a interesting surgery because doctors not involved have checked in on me. My surgery was at Baylor Plano and they are keeping me comfortable. I have been moved at step down from ICU. Recovery will be long and painful, however looking forward to actual recovery as it may be months or longer before I can draw a bow if ever again.This is the first day I’ve been remotely able to communicate this much, and without someone to do this it would not be happening. I know many of you are praying and I would like you to continue, without prayers and family I wouldn’t have gotten this far in this journey. I will keep you updated as I am able .

Surgery consisted of...

Day one
    Embolize T6-T8 Vertebrae

Day 2
    Removal of T6-T8 Vertebrae
    And installation of new hardware

Future
    Lots of therapy and recovery time to get back on my feet
    God bless you and your daughter (and your doctors/nurses)! I have been checking to see if you had logged on and for an update. Glad all went well with the procedures and best wishes during recovery!

Comment

Praying for a swift, successful recovery.

Comment

Prayers sent!!!

Comment

Prayers sent for a speedy recovery.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

You have really been through the grinder! Prayers that this surgery was successful and got all the **** cancer!

Comment

Prayers up, and best of luck with the recovery!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Prayers for you, good luck on your recovery. Don’t be steered to keep pushing that pain button, I wore mine out when I had my L5/S1 fusion.

Comment

More prayers sent!! I’ll never forget my 360 fusion, and it doesn’t even compare to what you’re going through. Hang in there brother.

Comment

Good to see the update Double Bogey! Hope all goes well with the recovery. Continued prayers and thanks again for the update.

Comment

Good news, keep looking forward.

Comment

Glad to hear things went well. Prayers for you and your family on getting through this and healing quickly.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Prayers sent.

Comment

Prayers up

Comment

Dang, that does not sound like any fun at all. Spine anything scares the crap out of me. I have known a couple of guys who have had vertebraes removed. What they had done, was not good, they were in a lot of pain afterwards and very limited mobility.
                              I spent a few week in a hospital once, don't ever care to do that again. Hope you the best. I shattered my left knee in a bunch of pieces, broke multiple ribs and my left foot. The knee damage is what put me in the hospital. I gave up bow hunting because of that injury. For years, I could not sit still in one position for more than a few minutes without being in a lot of pain, could hardly walk. Hope you turn out better. It took me many years, but I finally got back to about 80% of what I used to be. I don't know much about vertebrae damage, don't want to find out what it's like, that's scary stuff. I hope you the best.

Comment

Working...
                              X