What Thermal Scope?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Thermal Scope?

Thinking I "deserve" a thermal scope to help with my feral hog control efforts but don't want to spend at the Trijicon level. Most I've looked at only have a few reviews and I like to see lots of them, even if some are bad.

Anyone have any suggestions for a good thermal/IR scope in the $3k and under range that could ride my M70 .22-250?

For under 3k I would go with Pulsar apex xq38. Will kill just as many hogs as the Trijicon will.

Comment

What do the top shelf offer & how much more $$$ are we talking about for the trijicon?? I didn't know they were in the game.

I would like to just move the not this some day, just seems they keep advancing at every turn

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
        For under 3k I would go with Pulsar apex xq38. Will kill just as many hogs as the Trijicon will.
        Yep ... Apex XQ39 or XQ50. I would opt for the XQ50 with the bigger objective lens. I think it's like a 300 dollar difference between the two and still under 3k.

Pulsars and Trijicon are both good.

Give Jason @ Outdoor Legacy a shout.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
          What do the top shelf offer & how much more $$$ are we talking about for the trijicon?? I didn't know they were in the game.

I would like to just move the not this some day, just seems they keep advancing at every turn
          Trijicon scopes run from about 6k to 9k. They use the BAE Systems 12 micron core which are military versions of the core. The image is pretty crisp, probably one of the best if not the best for the commercial market - until HD comes out.

If you are on a budget the Pulsar line is pretty good with good customer service. They have some entry level models but I would start with the Apex XQ38 model and go from there. That one is about 2,500.
          Last edited by altez; 11-25-2018, 11:01 PM.

Comment

Thanks folks---got me started and now all that is left is making a decision.

Comment

Pulsar in that price range

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

I agree with Pulsar in that range. If you want the best optic, go with Trijicon

Comment

Both Flir and Pulsar have entry level thermals at that price point.

Comment

I got a pulsar in November and it is AWESOME!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Call Outdoor Legacy Gear and talk to Jason, he can help you make decision. Hes a site sponsor also.

Comment

I have the 2800 dollar atn Thor and love it. No complaints, use it all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for all the referral guys. Feel free to call me and I’ll be glad to offer any and all advice I can. Feel free to call me anytime, leave a message if I don’t answer. I’m in my busy season and it’s hard to catch up but I’ll call you back ASAP. I’d love to help.

Jason
                          877-350-1818
                          Outdoorlegacygear.com

Comment

What's a entry level slug gun nv/thermal scope?
                            Photon RT?

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
                              What's a entry level slug gun nv/thermal scope?
                              Photon RT?
                              Only thermal I know to handle that recoil is the Sig Sauer Echo 1.

Comment

Working...
                              X