Micklethwait BBQ in Austin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Micklethwait BBQ in Austin?

Waiting out front for them to open up at 4:30 to eat some meat. Is this a good joint in Austin for bbq? Looks like Franklin's and La BBQ doesn't do dinner?

First I heard of it was on Jimmy Kimmel live. Let us know how it is.

Comment

Well crap. Just walked up and see that they are sold out and won't be open until Wednesday. Now where?

Comment

Ended up at Live Oak BBQ.

Comment

[ATTACH]607061[/ATTACH]

Comment

Good deal, how was it?

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
              First I heard of it was on Jimmy Kimmel live. Let us know how it is.
              Yep. The ONLY one on his show that I have ever heard of was Franklins.

Comment

Originally posted by coonazz View Post
                [ATTACH]607061[/ATTACH]
                You are going to get blasted by the BbQ blowhards for having sauce with that meat

Comment

Originally posted by BIG IRON View Post
                  You are going to get blasted by the BbQ blowhards for having sauce with that meat
                  Hahaha - yeah, thought about that when I took the pic.
                  If it helps - I didn't use it.

Everything was great. Burnt ends, brisket, beef ribs, pork ribs, and pork steak.

Comment

Stiles Switch off of North Lamar is a great alternative!

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
                      Yep. The ONLY one on his show that I have ever heard of was Franklins.
                      Seriously? Never heard of J Mueller and the evil sister LA BBQ? Bigtime players. The Mueller family out of Taylor. There was another thread. LOL.

As far as the sauce comment from King Blowhard himself......it's like steak sauce.....
                      Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 03-17-2014, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Micklethwaite is good BBQ. Sorry you missed out on it.

Franklins, La BBQ, John muellers meat co, Micklethwait, Stiles Switch would be my choices. No particular order.

Comment

They make some awesome sausages and recently won a beef rib competition in Austin. They make their own bread and great deserts too.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                            Seriously? Never heard of J Mueller and the evil sister LA BBQ? Bigtime players. The Mueller family out of Taylor. There was another thread. LOL.

As far as the sauce comment from King Blowhard himself......it's like steak sauce.....
                            Yes, seriously. I don't get too caught up in finding "the best BBQ joint" out there. I've been to all of them in Lockart, and was not impressed with any. And I'm not gonna wait in those crazy lines. Although, I recently ate at some little hole-in-the-wall in Burnet that was pretty good.

No sauce here either.

Comment

BoB is king of all things BBQ everybody should know that ... but then again BoB is all knowing in everything from music, to hunting , to fishing...etc... I maybe wrong but I think I was given a lesson on striper or hybrid fishing... can't say I learned much though .

Comment

Working...
                              X