Comment

rayburn has canavas back

Comment

Originally posted by CSF45 View Post
        There are guides on lake fork that advertise canvasback hunts
        Thx

Comment

Originally posted by jem View Post
          Redheads are everywhere on the coast, especially Rockport area. Pintails are fairly common around there as well. If you know anyone with a boat you don't need a guide. I've heard they kill Canvasbacks on Somerville alot but I've never hunted it myself. Got a few cans and cinnamons on Guadalupe Delta WMA one year though

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6820 using Tapatalk
          Might have to go down and do a blast in case for some reds also

Comment

Originally posted by Lethal Injection View Post
            Just across the border in Louisiana around the Wax Lake outlet you will shoot all the canvasbacks you want, it is public and you will need a non-resident license. They have large swings in tides and the cans will fly the tide line in and out, it is a long boat ride from the nearest ramp.
            Might give this a try

Comment

Toledo Bend is also full of canvasbacks.

Comment

Originally posted by progolferv1 View Post
                You know anyone down there ?

I hunted 10-12 years ago with a guy named Bill Lamb. Not sure if he’s still guiding or not, but honestly if you have a mid rig and a set of LA plates to put over your Texas plates at the ramp, it’s a pretty easy lake to kill birds on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Look up Silver Creek Guide Service. I have never been with these guys, but they post over on a waterfowl forum I'm on and if memory serves me correctly, they frequently have hunts with limits of canvasbacks and I don't think they are too far from the metroplex.

Comment

Wish I could send you some redheads. Can't tell you how many mornings we've spent watching those idiot birds land in our spread

Comment

Working...
                    X