Can Am Defender tailgate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can Am Defender tailgate

Anybody know if there is a way to beef up the tailgate on the Can Am Defender? It feels somewhat flimsy and has a big warning on it that it's limited to a 250lb load. I live in fear that one of my sons (both big ol' boys) will forget and hop up on it or that I will forget and try to load something and break it. Any aftermarket solution or whatever? Really like the vehicle other than that.

There are some videos on YouTube that show you how to add steel to it.

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
      There are some videos on YouTube that show you how to add steel to it.
      Yep. I think the videos call for 1” wide flat bar and that’s what I used, but I had to trim it down in some areas. I would use a 3/4” wide strip. It’s been a while since I beefed mine up but I think there was 1 spot on the bottom that required a notch so I could get the screw back in.

Comment

My buddy opened his up and added two pieces of bar stock to it. Hell of a lot more solid now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks. Looks like I’ll be doing a little surgery on mine.

Comment

These talilgates are the worst! I absolutely love my defender but have thought about getting rid of it just because of the tailgates.

Comment

The defender pro has a much beefier tailgate. Wonder if it is a direct swap. It is very solid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X