The things you see……

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The things you see……

……in your backyard when you live in the country.
    Attached Files

Yep

Comment

Check before mowing

Found this while mowing-in the city
      Attached Files

Comment

It’s definitely the good life

Just had slab poured for new house. Area right around slab is covered in deer and pig tracks. Surprised I don’t have any in the concrete !!!

Comment

Its weird this year. Idk if its because all the houses going in around us. But we have deer coming up around the barn yard and between there and the house where we never had deer before.

Comment

Originally posted by huntingfanatic View Post
            It’s definitely the good life

Just had slab poured for new house. Area right around slab is covered in deer and pig tracks. Surprised I don’t have any in the concrete !!!
            Better hog proof your yard ! I’ve seen too many looking like a roto tiller went wild. I saw one poor guy’s yard a couple miles out of Troup get hit one night. He was just getting it all back in shape when I came home from work around 6:00 pm or so. He had his shovel and rake in his wheelbarrow going to his garage. The next morning when I came through about gray daylight I could see that they had hit him again. A chain link fence went up in the next three days. About a week later his neighbor got hit, another fence went up. Guy down the road saw that, he E-fenced his. Those **** hogs are as good at selling fences as Obama was at selling guns !

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
              Better hog proof your yard ! I’ve seen too many looking like a roto tiller went wild. I saw one poor guy’s yard a couple miles out of Troup get hit one night. He was just getting it all back in shape when I came home from work around 6:00 pm or so. He had his shovel and rake in his wheelbarrow going to his garage. The next morning when I came through about gray daylight I could see that they had hit him again. A chain link fence went up in the next three days. About a week later his neighbor got hit, another fence went up. Guy down the road saw that, he E-fenced his. Those **** hogs are as good at selling fences as Obama was at selling guns !

I definitely plan on it Buddy of mine about 4 miles away had hogs but didn’t have problem with them until he put in about 20 pallets of sod. Took them about a week to find it. Results were not good !

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                Years ago, when I was still in high school, where we lived for 20 years. For 15 or so years, we had no hog problems where we lived. Then one day we walk outside, I don't remember what time of the year it was. There were a couple of large holes in the front yard, looked like someone dug a couple of fox holes in the front yard. As usual, I got yelled at for digging holes in the yard, as usual I had no idea what happened. I went and looked at the holes and found hog tracks, showed my step father, he looked the holes over and the tracks and agreed with me. For over a year, randomly at night, hogs would hit someone's yard. After a month, about every yard in the neighbor hood, had big holes about 1 1/2 ft. deep. Don't know what they were after.

I tried to stay up and shoot them with my bow, but they would never show up while I was waiting up for them.

Comment

Nice country backyard, and dig the company visiting you.

Comment

Originally posted by 3ChordTruth View Post
                    Nice country backyard, and dig the company visiting you.
                    I’ve been seeing both these little bucks just over the fence and in the acre or so of woods inside the fence, but this is the first time I’ve seen them in the yard. Nothing much out there except centipede grass.

Comment

That’s cool. I’m not really in the country but I got a back yard on the Brazos last month. Every day it’s something new. Turkey, multiple types of hawks and owls, deer a plenty, raccoons, dozen squirrels every morning and evening, 5 species of snakes so far and a few things I can’t explain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

In Burnet County, you see everything.

Comment

Two years in a row I have a nesting pair of red tail hawks in the back yard next To my pond. They have raised 4 little ones.

Comment

Love the country living. My backyard this morning as I was about to leave for work.
                            Attached Files

Comment

See these

Just about every day wish I could hunt in my yard.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X