I-35 in Oklahoma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I-35 in Oklahoma

What is the deal with completely stopping traffic on an interstate in the middle of the day on a Sunday?

Who is operating the road construction up here?

This is not a one time thing either.

It was like this 4-5 years ago and again 18 months ago when I came through here.

I-35 is a disaster in Texas as well but this is the worst.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a total crap shoot

Comment

OKrattler has been debating the use of marijuana all morning and forgot about the cones?

Comment

Originally posted by myway View Post
        OKrattler has been debating the use of marijuana all morning and forgot about the cones?
        Wrong highway for me to manage. That would be my brothers job.

Comment

Yep it was a beatdown on my hunting trips to my house in KS last year. Thanks for the update. Looking forward to it this year.

Comment

I went to OKC last weekend from Houston area. I usually drive 35 through Fort Worth and into Oklahoma.
            This time I went up 59 and then backroads into Hugo and it was MUCH better.

Comment

I'm 45 yrs old and been traversing that stretch my whole life. It's always been that way. Brutal

Comment

Was in Oklahoma City earlier this year and was trying to get off 77 south and get on 40 east. You have to get in the left lanes to make the 40 east exit or whatever. Craziest thing I’ve ever witnessed there. Some crazy people started jockying for lane position and caused a multi car pileup just prior to the exit. Traffic backed up for miles. First responders could only access the scene by traveling down the inside shoulder. Then after a firetruck finally arrived and aided as protection for the police and others, traffic was then allowed to pass in the far right lane. Soon after, another even more violent wreck occurred less than a quarter mile or so past the first wreck. Another fire truck had to be called to block traffic for that wreckage too. Car parts and fluids were strewn all over the lanes. I just don’t understand the mentality to go absolutely ape crazy behind a wheel. There’s no excuse for it.
                Last edited by Katsaregood; 07-11-2021, 09:04 PM.

Comment

I’m going that way tomorrow. Where is construction? I’m only going as far as turner falls

Comment

Travel up 99 and then hit 40 or 44 and cut west if you needing to access OKC…let’s you see some of the finer methhead towns of OK…lol
                    Better yet….if your needing to go further north….take it clear up to KS! Some of them towns really make you feel like your in East Texas!

Comment

If I'm hauling hay or tractor from nw Oklahoma I take 81 to 281 headed south and vice versa headed north. If we go down to float the rivers I skip Ft. Worth and head west to 281 and avoid I35 at all costs. May take longer, may not, but also get to see prettier country and towns.

Comment

Working...
                      X