To-Do's in Salmon Idaho ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To-Do's in Salmon Idaho ?

Our trip is mostly nailed down. Staying 2 nights in Salmon Idaho. Anything special to do around there?

Here's the route we're taking.

The only 3 places we may need suggestions for are; Salmon, International Falls, and Williston. Only 1 night in Williston so will be a quick stay so maybe just need one sight to see or a good place to eat.

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
    Our trip is mostly nailed down. Staying 2 nights in Salmon Idaho. Anything special to do around there?

Here's the route we're taking.

The only 3 places we may need suggestions for are; Salmon, International Falls, and Williston. Only 1 night in Williston so will be a quick stay so maybe just need one sight to see or a good place to eat.
    Go on a wolf hunt!

Comment

Originally posted by rferg84 View Post
      Go on a wolf hunt!
      The only reason I'd kill a wolf is to post on social media and make liberals mad. That's not really a good enough reason, or is it?

What would one do with a wolf besides get it mounted? I just saw you have to tag them after killing... Made me think, you tag and then what?

Comment

Sacajawea Museum is about the only thing there I know of. I went on a bear hunt out of Salmon a few years ago. Don’t recall much there.

Comment

Wolves can be responsible for dramatic downturns in game populations, i.e elk, deer and moose.
          Taking a wolf would be a good thing for big game in Idaho and hunters across the west would thank you for doing it.
          Life size wolf mounts are very impressive and the hide makes a nice rug as well.

Going to be hot over there, hope you get some afternoon rain showers.

Comment

Buy a house.

Comment

Catch Salmon.

Comment

White water rafting or jet boating.

Comment

Sweat, I hear it is like 100+* up there right now,

Comment

I won't be there for another 3 weeks. It can't be that hot anyway.

Comment

Never been to Salmon but I don't think you could have picked a less scenic route to get there. Western Montana is pretty good but you're missing New Mexico, Colorado, Utah, Yellowstone and the best parts of South Dakota. Must be a business trip of some sort

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                        I won't be there for another 3 weeks. It can't be that hot anyway.
                        Yeah my bad it’s H 97 L 55 , so some happy medium, I would River raft and enjoy the mountains

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
                          Never been to Salmon but I don't think you could have picked a less scenic route to get there. Western Montana is pretty good but you're missing New Mexico, Colorado, Utah, Yellowstone and the best parts of South Dakota. Must be a business trip of some sort
                          We've been through Utah, New Mexico, and Colorado a lot. Never been across the top and to Glacier.

Comment

Salmon lake. Don't let the dusty roads and hay fields on the way up fool you.

There is a restaurant,boat rentals,cabins and a hotel.

We have slayed the rainbows, killed a yellow rattlesnake with a boat paddle and lauched a boat with a black bear there. So if you hear a legendary tale of Texans on that lake, it's true

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Camped between Challis and Salmon 3 years ago from today. Will be camping there again 2 weeks from tomorrow.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X