Water well questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water well questions

Have a well that is the 3' diameter kind. Around 85' deep with 65' of water based on measuring with a 5oz weight and roll of trotline cord.

Many years ago it had a pump but the deadbeat well repair guy only wanted to do enough to get it going and charge me a service fee every time I had to call him out.

I need to know where to look to figure out how to PROPERLY set up a system where I can use it to water yard, fill water troughs, etc.

Any advice on websites where I can study up?

So have I finally found something to stump the green screen?

Not one member knows about water wells?

Comment

Lots of options out there. Depends on how much money you want to spend and the strength of the well.

Comment

I don’t know anyone in you area
        So im sorry i cant help. But if it has 3” casing it’s probably illegal. A ton of mom & pops drill illegally. Or at best they do very barely legal work
        Most of your submersible pumps are 4” pumps. 3 7/8” active
        They will drill a 6 1/4 hole & run 4” casing

I always drilled at least 8 3/4” & set 5” casing
        You will have a ton of. Expurts reply here

So my opinion is kinda meaningless. Ive only had a master drillers licence for 19 years or so
        Good luck to ya
        Last edited by bigmike; 06-18-2021, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Where u located

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I put a gronfus sqf pump in a customers 3 inch well the other day just like any other pump they are just 2 inch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bigmike View Post
              So im sorry i cant help. But if it has 3” casing it’s probably illegal. A ton of mom & pops drill illegally. Or at best they do very barely legal work

So my opinion is kinda meaningless. Ive only had a master drillers licence for 19 years or so
              Good luck to ya
              This^^^ Casing will be the problem with a submersible pump. You can buy an above ground pump but I have never set one up.
              Last edited by doghouse; 06-18-2021, 07:01 PM.

Comment

My old well was about the same parameters with a 4 " casing, although it had an above ground shallow well pump. The previous owner who put it in utilized it for everything. It was too salty for us, but it worked good. The house was 17 years old when we moved in. We have been on city wells not to long after we moved in many moons ago. Not really knowing, I would kind of think a shallow well pump would probably work for you. It would be definetly something to check out especially just watering the yard and such. Just saying......
                ......cC

Comment

I would use a compressor to push to a holding tank. Then pump to a pressure tank.

Comment

BT when you fix yours, then come fix mine. I’ve got a large & small well. Both have pumps but small one I haven’t figured out yet. Need to check my breaker panel nearby to make breaker is even on first. Then make sure I’m getting power to pump

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                      Have a well that is the 3' diameter kind. Around 85' deep with 65' of water based on measuring with a 5oz weight and roll of trotline cord.

Many years ago it had a pump but the deadbeat well repair guy only wanted to do enough to get it going and charge me a service fee every time I had to call him out.

I need to know where to look to figure out how to PROPERLY set up a system where I can use it to water yard, fill water troughs, etc.

Any advice on websites where I can study up?
                      I got a well that’s the same way, 3ft around but a little deeper that I would like to use also. I have 100’ tape that wouldn’t reach bottom and water about 25’ deep

Comment

Originally posted by bigmike View Post

Good luck to ya
                        Well you must need readers like me because it is 3 foot, not 3 inches

I don't know why it would be "illegal" to drill yourself a well but I am listening and will take any other advice you offer as it seems you probably know a little about water wells if you have been doing it 19 years plus

Thanks in advance

Comment

3ft casing I have never heard of. Good luck. Should be no problem to drop a submersible pump in the well. Need to close the top of the casing.

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
                            3ft casing I have never heard of. Good luck. Should be no problem to drop a submersible pump in the well. Need to close the top of the casing.
                            If his is anything like mine it’s brick lined

Comment

Shouldn’t be a big deal at all. Just get the pump, tank, and pvc pipe. I just replaced my whole well in April. You will need to put some kind of top on it to hold the pipe.

Comment

Working...
                              X