Tractor price advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tractor price advice

My wife’s uncle has decided it is time to get a cab tractor. He told me to make a Brother In Law offer on his current tractor.

What do y’all consider a brother in law offer on a 2013 JD 5065E 4wd 553 FEL and MX8 Shredder, 485hrs?

TIA

I'm thinking in the 20k or a tad higher range.

Comment

Originally posted by HYDRO_69 View Post
      I'm thinking in the 20k or a tad higher range.
      I was thinking 20 as well.

Comment

Looked at a few on Tractor House, low to mid twenties. In today’s climate they’re probably right. Not many bargains out there for anything right now.

Comment

I did the same as Drycreek and looked on Tractorhouse, they’re going for high $20’s. Being a BiL deal, I’d say $20k just to see what he says.

Comment

If it was my ex brother in law deal he would expect me to pay him to take it :-)

Comment

Offered him 20k cash and he took it. Thanks for input and help, I think it was a fair deal for both of us.

Comment

Steal

Comment

Nice! Sounds like your wife's uncle really likes y'all and both parties are happy!

Comment

That was a pretty good deal if in good shape. Should be a great unit for ya.

Comment

Just wanted to give an update, went and picked up the tractor. Here are a couple of pictures.
                      Attached Files

Comment

20K was a heck of a deal in this climate!

Comment

Looks like a bargain. Good for you.

Comment

You stole that tractor at 20K. Mower will bring 4-5K right now. And tractor is worth about 22-25K in this climate like it is.

If tractor has less than 1000hrs on it it will bring more than what it was new just about no matter the year model.

Comment

Originally posted by dclifton View Post
                              You stole that tractor at 20K. Mower will bring 4-5K right now. And tractor is worth about 22-25K in this climate like it is.

If tractor has less than 1000hrs on it it will bring more than what it was new just about no matter the year model.
                              It has 485 hrs. It has some damage to the ROP lights, he offered to refund some money if I choose to replace them. I replied no it's ok, I think I'm getting a good enough price to worry about the lights.

Comment

Working...
                              X