Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jaguars in the US

Patience everyone, patience!

Jaguars may be released in the southwestern US. Jaguars will migrate east. Jaguars will take up residence in deep east Texas. Then, finally, we will have substantiated evidence of black panthers in Texas!

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) — Environmental groups and scientists with two universities want U.S. wildlife managers to consider reintroducing jaguars to the American Southwest.

Maybe the 1st places they should turn 150 of them cats loose should be at Capital Hill & the White House.

Then I think we’ll be in for a show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

We don't need any of those "introduced" south of the border trash cats breeding with our pure strain black panthers.

I vote no.

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
        We don't need any of those "introduced" south of the border trash cats breeding with our pure strain black panthers.

I vote no.
        Just dont mess with my white cougars!!

Comment

Here is the recent study.

Comment

Why not. I mean Houston's already got Bengal tigers.

Comment

Put enough of them out there and you won't need the wall.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
                Why not. I mean Houston's already got Bengal tigers.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Man that black panther page on Facebook got some crazy folks on it.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

They sure would get fat with all of the pigs we have.

Comment

The ranchers out there will be raising hell over that one. Then hunters will be whining that they are going to kill all the deer and elk. Would be interesting, I would not think of that area as being native jaguar habitat, I guess they roam out of the mountains in northern Mexico. A lot of that area, is pretty thick stuff. I would think some areas of Texas would be more likely natural jaguar habitat, than Arizona or New Mexico.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                        Just dont mess with my white cougars!!
                        I see what you did there!

Comment

I can tell you how long one would last within eyesight of me, just long enough to flip the safety off.

Comment

They could release 1000 of them and in less than 10 years there would be none left.. Yes at one time in history they thrived in Texas but now they are extinct.. There is a reason for that and that reason has only gotten much worse, humans and human interference..

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                              They could release 1000 of them and in less than 10 years there would be none left.. Yes at one time in history they thrived in Texas but now they are extinct.. There is a reason for that and that reason has only gotten much worse, humans and human interference..
                              This is my belief as well. South of the border they would be hunted and sold on the black market, north of the border they would be poisoned and or sss. There are the occasional jaguars roaming this side of the border. Leave them to their own devices and I bet they will continue. If we start drawing attention to them it likely wouldn’t help the cause at this point.

Comment

Working...
                              X