Roll up door lubrication

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roll up door lubrication

My new to me barn has two chain operated roll up doors. One works great. The other squeaks terribly and difficult to open and almost impossible to close. Everything looks to be in the proper place compared to the other door. What is best to lubricate the tracks with and should that solve the problem?

They make a garage door lubricant, same company as PB Blaster, I believe. It's available at the home repot.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
      They make a garage door lubricant, same company as PB Blaster, I believe. It's available at the home repot.
      This is what I use as well, there are also a couple of other varieties made by other brands, they all work about the same to me.

Comment

You need to isolate the problem since it's hard to open. Release the mechanism from the door and make sure the chain rolls smoothly. Then work on the door.

Comment

The door is probably out of square.

Comment

Thanks for all the input. If the lubricant doesn't work, I will get someone to look at it.

Comment

Could have a bad bearing on a roller to. Also Lucas makes a Spray grease now. Its bad ***** stuff. Not cheap but its actually grease and not a spray lubricant.

Comment

They make a spray lubricant for that, even walmart.

Comment

Working...
                X