Got in a pretty good fight this morning-kinda graphic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smart View Post
    Very simple…. You get in a rhythm…. You over lift not knowing and it slips behind the top of post, ….you pull down on the driver since you are in a rhythm and the side of the bottom of the driver rides the top of the post away from you and forces the top of the driver straight down on your head. Next thing you know you are seeing clouds and tweety birds
    But, why are you lifting so high? I will admit, all the T-post I've driven have been in black land, so, it's not like driving them through rock, but why would you even lift high enough start seeing the white of the post?

Comment

Originally posted by JFISHER View Post
      If this is how you guys are doing it, then.....Houston we have a problem.

Comment

Got in a pretty good fight this morning-kinda graphic

Originally posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
        But, why are you lifting so high? I will admit, all the T-post I've driven have been in black land, so, it's not like driving them through rock, but why would you even lift high enough start seeing the white of the post?

I’ve never done it personally. Just witnessed it. Maybe Perow can answer that question for you.

I was just telling you how it happens and the physics of it. I’m assuming driving it in an area that isn’t so easy means longer durations, more fatigue, longer strokes hoping to get it done and a bigger chance of cracking your skull. My buddy said, you don’t think it’ll happen to you until you lose concentration and it does. I haven’t been lucky enough to find out myself. With our long driver you never see the white or gray
        Last edited by Smart; 07-12-2021, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Been there right on the widows peak. I lost too….

Comment

Need to be wearing your PPE. Hard hats

Comment

Sorry to hear of your accident, Spencer. I was helping the original "bro bill" on here build a 60x60 pen when I hit mine. My top hair was much longer than now. I was a bloody mess. Thought I'd bit my tounge in two till Bill walked over to ask If I was alright. I had a white Nike sunvisor on. He said it was turning red. My tounge hurt more than my head. But it was alright, not even bleeding. Turns out I split my crown wide open for several inches. And about an inch wide. We put an ice pack on it till the bleeding slowed, then stopped for the most part. I covered it with some kind of paper and tape, and a hat. And we finished the pen. When I got home, I had to give my self a hair cut to get through the bloody mess. That was a chore, needless to say. I should've gone and got stitches. But didn't. Another one of those "Should've" moments in my life where I should've got stitches. The gash was about 4.5" long. After I got the hair cut, and it all cleaned up, I squeezed the skin back together and butterflied it shut. Wore a welding cap all day the next day. And for several days. I was mostly near bald on top with shoulder length on the sides . Made me look a lot older than I was. It eventually grew back together. I just had to stay on top of it when not at work, keeping it clean, and bandages/tape/dressing changed. I've still got a good scar there the barbers ask me about once in a while.

Hope your's heals quickly brother !... (since you got stitches and all )

Comment

Yall need to try shorter strokes

Comment

We always use two guys, one on each handle. You can drive them way faster and don't get near as tired. I would guess it would be safer as well.

Comment

Short T-post driver and getting in a rush. Been there done that. Not sure how long I was out but woke up with blood all over me. Scary thing was Riley was an infant and asleep in the truck. Glad I kept the truck on while I drove that last T-post
                    Last edited by BrandonA; 07-12-2021, 09:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
                      We always use two guys, one on each handle. You can drive them way faster and don't get near as tired. I would guess it would be safer as well.
                      To me that would be more dangerous. One person gets out of timing and bam it happens

Comment

Originally posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
                        If this is how you guys are doing it, then.....Houston we have a problem.

I’ll never have this problem. Just ask my wife!

Short, hard and quick strokes gets it done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I didn't know there was so many over achieving post drivers on this forum.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

Comment

I might consider that if one of the drivers isn’t me. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Its bad enough doing it yourself, but I could see that being bad for a friendship if one guy goes too high and knocks the other guy in the head.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X