Coolest July ever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Texas452 View Post
    The climate has always changed with or without man.
    The whole country use to be covered in ice!!
    I think there will be another ice age someday and it will start all over again. JMO!

Comment

I will take the heat over the humidity any day.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
        I will take the heat over the humidity any day.
        Yeah it has been more humid than normal in the hill country. It's not oh my god It's hot as hell but your shirt is soaked in minutes.

I feel like we will pay for the rain and cooler temps with a hot and miserable deer season.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TXHUNT3R View Post
          As much as I love this mild summer (so far), big picture, it is scary. Some will say, oh see, there isn't global warming. Well yeah, its cooler right now but it just further shows we are CHANGING the climate and throwing everything out of whack. My take is, for the first time in history we are pretty much in the driver seat (Humans), directly changing the climate and the Weather is changing (intensifying) as a result. We will only continue to see once in a 100 year 500 year blah blah systems from here on out until our Lord returns.

Sure hope that last part is soon!!!!!

To further what I mean about "we are pretty much in the driver seat (Humans)". Because of the human impact to the planet we are now creating cycles in weather (making arid places wet and wet places arid and same with temps) Not just "global warming", deforestation, loss of grass lands, so on and so on. Kinda depressing when you dive into the data side of climate change.

I do think that we humans do have an impact on our planet, but as long as they've kept records there have been cycles in the weather patterns. Many of the records that are broken, both hot and cold, were set 60, 70, 100 years ago, so what were we doing back then?

Comment

Yep. This is climate change I can get used to.

Comment

The ground is wet for the first time in many years in June and July. That keeps the cool temps. Just wait, when it dries up and temps go up, we will all pray for more rain.

Comment

Originally posted by Hart8 View Post
                Interesting ^
                3 summers I'll never forget were 04,07,and 2011.
                04,and 07 because it rained every dang day;all Summer long!(dfw)
                2011 because it didn't rain at all,til October.
                This has been a cool wet Summer so far,for sure.
                I remember a few summers where it never got triple digits or did just 2 or 3 times, must have been 2004, 2007. Deer were in much better shape in those Octobers than they usually are but didn't notice any difference in antler quality, ironically shot my biggest bow buck ever opening weekend of archery season 2011, go figure.

Comment

Nothing cool happening up here. 93 degrees and 72% humidity today.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by texasokie2 View Post
                    I do think that we humans do have an impact on our planet, but as long as they've kept records there have been cycles in the weather patterns. Many of the records that are broken, both hot and cold, were set 60, 70, 100 years ago, so what were we doing back then?
                    No doubt that have seen way worse heating and cooling throughout earth's history. What I mean is, now we are directly changing the weather by changing our climate too fast. The grim outlook is that from right now forward we are past the tipping point on many of the resources that directly effect our weather. Wildlife in the past century is a good indicator of how healthy our planet is.
                    So it's supposed to get much worse sadly.

Comment

Coolest July? Not hardly, that would be the summer of 1816 when average global temps are thought to have plummeted 1/2 to 3/4 of a degree (Celsius). Crops in much of the northern hemisphere failed due to the cool weather and even summer time frosts.

As much as I love this mild summer (so far), big picture, it is scary. Some will say, oh see, there isn't global warming. Well yeah, its cooler right now but it just further shows we are CHANGING the climate and throwing everything out of whack. My take is, for the first time in history we are pretty much in the driver seat (Humans), directly changing the climate and the Weather is changing (intensifying) as a result. We will only continue to see once in a 100 year 500 year blah blah systems from here on out until our Lord returns.

Sure hope that last part is soon!!!!!

To further what I mean about "we are pretty much in the driver seat (Humans)". Because of the human impact to the planet we are now creating cycles in weather (making arid places wet and wet places arid and same with temps) Not just "global warming", deforestation, loss of grass lands, so on and so on. Kinda depressing when you dive into the data side of climate change.
                      We literally cannot even make this assumption. Useful weather data isn’t really even available before 1880 (sans some scant temp logs in isolated places or significant events like the 1816 summer). That is only 141 years of data a relative blip in history, even in the history of man’s 20,000 years on earth.
                      Any person that claims otherwise cannot offer any factual and verifiable evidence to the contrary beyond that 150ish year period.

Watch the video on the grand solar minimum. Oh and by the way… we have been in a grand solar max for the past 30 years, and guess what the earth warmed, whoda thunk it?? I highly doubt carbon emissions on earth are impacting the suns solar cycles, especially instantly.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                        Coolest July? Not hardly, that would be the summer of 1816 when average global temps are thought to have plummeted 1/2 to 3/4 of a degree (Celsius). Crops in much of the northern hemisphere failed due to the cool weather and even summer time frosts.

We literally cannot even make this assumption. Useful weather data isn’t really even available before 1880 (sans some scant temp logs in isolated places or significant events like the 1816 summer). That is only 141 years of data a relative blip in history, even in the history of man’s 20,000 years on earth.
                        Any person that claims otherwise cannot offer any factual and verifiable evidence to the contrary beyond that 150ish year period.

Watch the video on the grand solar minimum. Oh and by the way… we have been in a grand solar max for the past 30 years, and guess what the earth warmed, whoda thunk it?? I highly doubt carbon emissions on earth are impacting the suns solar cycles, especially instantly.

I'm really not talking about the past. I'm more speaking to where we stand right now. The current deforestation, loss of wildlife, way too much fresh water melting into the seas. Way to much fresh water being used on land causing water tables to drop, rivers to start going dry. I really believe the industrial revolution around the world in the past 150 years or so is throwing us into uncharted territory.

Comment

I'm really not talking about the past. I'm more speaking to where we stand right now. The current deforestation, loss of wildlife, way too much fresh water melting into the seas. Way to much fresh water being used on land causing water tables to drop, rivers to start going dry. I really believe the industrial revolution around the world in the past 150 years or so is throwing us into uncharted territory.
                          Your entire premise is based on the notion that “this has ne er happened before”, but evidence points to the contrary. Alaska and the polar regions were once warm enough that they were tropical.
                          Palm trees in Alaska? 80-degree seas? Too bad we missed the Eocene, one of the hottest periods in Earth's history -- although it may not have been quite as warm as previously thought.

Again- relying on 150 yrs of data out of 10’s of thousands of years is flawed from its genesis.

Comment

Your entire premise is based on the notion that “this has ne er happened before”, but evidence points to the contrary. Alaska and the polar regions were once warm enough that they were tropical.
                            Palm trees in Alaska? 80-degree seas? Too bad we missed the Eocene, one of the hottest periods in Earth's history -- although it may not have been quite as warm as previously thought.

Again- relying on 150 yrs of data out of 10’s of thousands of years is flawed from its genesis.
                            I'm not just talking about heating and cooling. That is 100% correct we have been way hotter than now.

I'm talking about the major impact we have had on our planet since humans started this major industrial revolution that leads us to right now. If you look at the planet as a whole. There are some major problems and impacts we have directly done that I feel is going to send us into uncharted territory, weather being one of those things that is going to get nuts. Does that make sense?

Comment

I'm not just talking about heating and cooling. That is 100% correct we have been way hotter than now.

I'm talking about the major impact we have had on our planet since humans started this major industrial revolution that leads us to right now. If you look at the planet as a whole. There are some major problems and impacts we have directly done that I feel is going to send us into uncharted territory, weather being one of those things that is going to get nuts. Does that make sense?
                              So you readily admit that we have been hotter and colder than now, and all occurring before any man made carbon emissions, but still co test we must be the cause of the negligible change experienced today. Mighty arrogant.

Comment

So you readily admit that we have been hotter and colder than now, and all occurring before any man made carbon emissions, but still co test we must be the cause of the negligible change experienced today. Mighty arrogant.
                                Not arrogant at all, just my take on it. You are very hung up on heating and cooling. So not much more I can say. You need to look into the other systems of this planet. Co2 is a problem but it is just the one everyone uses especially the MSM. Evidently it works, it's all you are talking about.

Comment

Working...
                                X