Simplisafe Security

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simplisafe Security

Anyone using a Simplisafe DIY security system? BIL lives in an apartment and feels the need for a security system.

We've had Simplisafe for a few years. Bought one for my daughter when she was in college. She still uses it. My son and his wife have it too. Been good for us.

Comment

I had their original system when they first came on the market. I now have their updated system and love it, no complaints.

Comment

Had it for nearly 2 years. No issues at all.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies. I will share that the ADT system is a POS! We tried from 10:30 Sat morning until 6:00 pm and were never able to get it to work. It is being returned to ADT. Their "customer service" is a half hour wait to speak to a person and then the service rep was 1) unable to understand the problem and 2) unable to offer any solution.

Comment

SimplieSafe has been great and problem free for me. Highly recommend it.

Comment

How much do yall pay for it?

Comment

To the OP, I have had it for about 3 years. I started out just buying the system, installed it, and it didn't work at first because we are on AT&T cell service. They sent the system they use in Boston (Verizon). They then sent the correct base station and the system worked with the app and key pad in the house, though it was slow to connect and disable or activate via app. We decided to add the monitoring service shortly after getting it.

In January, it wouldn't connect via the app or computer, so I called and told them to drop the monitoring service as it wouldn't connect. The rep said we had an old version and would send out an updated system. I declined and she hung up on me. I found out months later (wife is the CFO) that we were still being charged for the monitoring. I finally had to call Cust. Svc. to get it stopped (I hope) as you can't do this via their website.

I still have the system installed, but I haven't been pleased. Again, it is slow to connect, activate or turn off via app.

Comment

Working...
                X