No announcement yet.

Land prices going nuts in North Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They're **** sure trying to buy everything up. It's crazy right now.

I live on the end of a road where there are 3 or 4 large pieces of land that developers will get their hands on soon enough.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by junkmanhunter; 05-24-2021, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Land cheap in RGV

Comment

Originally posted by bcmuzzy View Post
        Glad I bought my little 40 acres in Tishomingo Oklahoma last year. I hope to retire there in about 10 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I close tomorrow on 60 acres just southwest of you in Enville. I’m 1 Mile from hickory creek boat ramp on hwy 32. $4550 an acre seemed insane 2 months ago. But an hour 15 minutes away from metroplex, I figure it will just keep climbing.

Comment

Does anyone know if there are grants available to purchase land and NOT develop it? Maybe put it in a conversation easement or something?

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
            Does anyone know if there are grants available to purchase land and NOT develop it? Maybe put it in a conversation easement or something?
            Depending on age and other requirements there are "young" farmer loans was 1% but not sure. Also some minority and veterans programs.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
              Dang millennials and their non-traditional loans for conversation easements. Way too much talking going on in the woods.

Comment

Originally posted by tradman View Post
                Its everywhere! I bought 6.2 acres of prime wooded acreage with a flowing creek that runs directly into Bull Shoals lake about 1 mile away. Plenty of flat ground to build a home... beautiful piece of property for $13k! We got it at the beginning of covid last year when no one was buying. About a month ago a similar piece of property of 4 acres sold just a few miles away with no creek. For 40k and this is in one of the most poverty stricken counties in Arkansas... its crazy!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
                That type of buying is driven by out of state retirees & speculators and a lot of them will lose on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
                  That type of buying is driven by out of state retirees & speculators and a lot of them will lose on it.
                  Absolutely! We bought our land for what I consider cheap because it is by my in-laws and they have the adjoining 18 acres. It is crazy seeing how the Harrison area has changed these last few years.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

This is going on all over Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Hobbs View Post
                      Real estate/land is a safe bet right now. No one wants to hold on to cash right now. The dollar is worth less each day. They aren’t making any more land and it will continue to go up in value. We will look back in 5 yrs at some of these prices and think they were cheap.

I agree with this 100%. I would be buying land, even at these crazy prices, if I had the extra $ available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

There is a 30 acre piece across the road from me. Been for sale for a while at
                        $600k. It will probably sell for that if the dollar keeps going down like it is

Comment

I bought land for $3400 acre out west and before I could close had offers to buy part of it for $8k acre. Want $10k. Every time I saw a good property it was under contract within a week. They are now being split into smaller tracts. I looked at 1250 acres for $1100 acre for hunting that wound up being split up the following month after closing for like $2200 acre.

Comment

Originally posted by friscopaint View Post
                            Ranch just north of Whitesboro near lake Texoma sold off at auction, 8 acre tracts and got $40,000 per acre, bare ground without a tree on any of it and right on Hwy 377. It's the talk of the town with everybody already worried about property taxes. Heard there were people from all over the "world" there bidding on it.....guess my sale price just went up...….Bare ground next to me went for $16,000 an acre and I thought that was nuts, looks like a bargain now....

Know a guy that has about 600 acres east of me and he said DR Horton won't leave him alone wanting to buy it. They've already bought up a lot of ground up our way, Tioga/Gunter.
                            I hate hearing this. Im in the area and makes me sick thinking all these people trying to buy up land to develop.

Comment

I bet the water right owners are licking they’re chops.

Comment

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
                                I hate hearing this. Im in the area and makes me sick thinking all these people trying to buy up land to develop.
                                Yep

Comment

Working...
                                X