Land prices going nuts in North Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Land prices going nuts in North Texas

Ranch just north of Whitesboro near lake Texoma sold off at auction, 8 acre tracts and got $40,000 per acre, bare ground without a tree on any of it and right on Hwy 377. It's the talk of the town with everybody already worried about property taxes. Heard there were people from all over the "world" there bidding on it.....guess my sale price just went up...….Bare ground next to me went for $16,000 an acre and I thought that was nuts, looks like a bargain now....

Know a guy that has about 600 acres east of me and he said DR Horton won't leave him alone wanting to buy it. They've already bought up a lot of ground up our way, Tioga/Gunter.

It's a matter of time before they get up here and screw stuff up.

With the Tollway coming all the way up here it's going to be a very desirable location

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

It’s everywhere man. I’ve heard of some stuff here in Wise County going for 40k+ an acre. Makes me really happy I bought kind several years ago when I did.

Comment

Originally posted by junkmanhunter View Post
        It's a matter of time before they get up here and screw stuff up.

With the Tollway coming all the way up here it's going to be a very desirable location

Jerry Jones just bought around 600 acres I heard just east of Tioga, guy I know works for Coryann Johnson that put the deal together with multiple land owners. You're also getting a new concrete plant on Wall Street.

Comment

Its everywhere! I bought 6.2 acres of prime wooded acreage with a flowing creek that runs directly into Bull Shoals lake about 1 mile away. Plenty of flat ground to build a home... beautiful piece of property for $13k! We got it at the beginning of covid last year when no one was buying. About a month ago a similar piece of property of 4 acres sold just a few miles away with no creek. For 40k and this is in one of the most poverty stricken counties in Arkansas... its crazy!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by friscopaint View Post
            Jerry Jones just bought around 600 acres I heard just east of Tioga, guy I know works for Coryann Johnson that put the deal together with multiple land owners. You're also getting a new concrete plant on Wall Street.

I heard something about him buying something between Gunter and Tioga. Old family farm was off Scoggins Rd. right off of 121. Wish that was still in the family!

Also heard that J.J. bought some land between Luella and Tom Bean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Same here. We watched the piece of land we bough 20+ minutes outside of Weatherford for 4 years before buying it in 2013. When we bought we only had one neighbor. Now our street is full and we have developers buying up large tracts of land and throwing up houses as fast as they can.

It’s an hour commute into Ft Worth. I though we would be safe this far out at least in our lifetime but I guess not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

It’s just stupid! First all the horse people moving into this country......now all the expansion coming up Preston basically!!

Comment

Originally posted by friscopaint View Post
                  Jerry's daughter Charlotte and her husband have Blue Star land development, that's who is buying up everything. I know of a bunch of land they have purchased off 121 between tioga and Gunter the last few years.

I'm not so sure on concrete plant. There has been a big push back from community. The EPA and DOT got involved and declared the area wasn't a good fit for the plant. I'm sure they will eventually get in someone's pocket and it will get walked through even though residents don't want it.

Comment

Originally posted by junkmanhunter View Post
                    Jerry's daughter Charlotte and her husband have Blue Star land development, that's who is buying up everything. I know of a bunch of land they have purchased off 121 between tioga and Gunter the last few years.

I'm not so sure on concrete plant. There has been a big push back from community. The EPA and DOT got involved and declared the area wasn't a good fit for the plant. I'm sure they will eventually get in someone's pocket and it will get walked through even though residents don't want it.

The city of Sherman blocked a concrete plant a few years ago... hopefully that area will be able to do the same!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

It cant last. I'm a builder, high end custom, and we are slow. Really need these dr horton types to slow down. It feels much too similar to 2008 for me.

Comment

A 70 acre place just outside of Celest just sold, un-divided and unimproved, for a million. It is getting ridiculous.

At this point, I won’t be able to keep the family farm when the time comes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
                          It cant last. I'm a builder, high end custom, and we are slow. Really need these dr horton types to slow down. It feels much too similar to 2008 for me.

I do some work with a couple of vice presidents from DR Horton, I don’t see them slowing down anytime soon. They are buying up thousand acre tracks all up and down I 35. They do seem to be juggling a lot of balls right now with lumber prices ion the contracts that they already have. But with the population that’s expected to be coming to the I 35 Corredor by 2030, they say there is no way that they and everybody else can build enough houses for the amount of people that will be here in 10 years

Comment

It's everywhere ; i have been looking for land in Oklahoma or Kansas for years . I finally found some but also saw a lot of land sell , without minerals , buy out of country buyers sight unseen . Also , the " Weed Growers " have driven land prices way up in Oklahoma .

Comment

I’m waiting for the day I can get $40k an acre for mine, hell I’ll let it go for $20k.

Comment

Working...
                              X