X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bobc View Post
    Best Buy would probably work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We've looked at several and none come close to the dimensions she is seeking. She bought one earlier, but it was nowhere close to fitting, even with the trim she took off, and that bracket, well the microwave didn't fit at all.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DFWPI View Post
      Probably, but says she wants another MV in those dimensions [emoji3064]

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
      Well tell her to find one.

Comment

Originally posted by DFWPI View Post
        https://www.ajmadison.com/cgi-bin/aj...GT4185SKS.html

So, we've had this microwave since 2004 and it went out last week. It is a custom fit piece in the kitchen, and wife went today to try and find a replacement. She thought she had one, but when she got home, it does not fit. I've searched and searched for one to replace in the space above the stove. Anybody got anything that might help me find one with these deminsions?
        I have a stainless steel Panasonic that has those dimensions. I got it at Wal-Mart.
        It is a good microwave for the money $200.00.

Comment

I had the same problem. Found one online that was close, had to cut a little more, then install a trim kit.

Comment

You need a new trim kit with the microwave, I’ve been installing appliances for 25 years. Thats a simple job.
            Last edited by Kevin Smith; 05-23-2021, 05:45 AM.

Comment

The metal in the microwave hole is part of the trim kit.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Smith View Post
                You need a new trim kit with the microwave, I’ve been installing appliances for 25 years. Thats a simple job.

Yes. Remove that metal thing. The new microwave will come with it. Measure the with of the exterior of the oven do you can get the same size trim kit for the micro wave. That looks like a very standard size hole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
                  Yes. Remove that metal thing. The new microwave will come with it. Measure the with of the exterior of the oven do you can get the same size trim kit for the micro wave. That looks like a very standard size hole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                  Actually the m/w is nothing more than a countertop unit, you need a trim kit when it’s built in like yours. The trim kit comes with the metal piece that’s in your opening.

Comment

The height needs to be 16 3/4 and width 25 1/2 to 28 1/2 your oven appears to be a 30” so you will need a 30” trim kit.

Comment

MrPI...I personally dont like MWs in the kitchen due to radiation and microwave leakage. I moved ours to the pantry out of a high traffic area...same setup as yours. My Lady got a double oven and we only had to trim the cabinet face opening a smidge...and cut out shelf.

If you take your dimensions to the Lowes Appliance folk they can hunt it up if your Lady insists on going back the same place. Installers like MrSmith can help guide to the correct models.

Comment

Been through this a couple times.
                        look at the pics here to see the plastic trim kit.
                        Shop Whirlpool 1.6-cu ft 1200-Watt Sensor Cooking Controls Countertop Microwave (Fingerprint Resistant Stainless Steel) in the Countertop Microwaves department at Lowe's.com. This Whirlpool® countertop microwave delivers convenient features that are easy to use no matter who's doing the cooking. Sensor cooking automatically

Measure the microwave , and measure the largest area the trim kit can cover. Go down to lowes and they might have one on stock. Only I dont know how the supply chain is and if they have any decent stock to look at.

Comment

It is funny your wife went down and got one, not that I don't trust my wife but that could be a recipe for the first wrong step

Comment

Look at a wmc3051hb m/w and a mk2230 trim kit in black.

Comment

I just replaced mine, it is a good working unit, we just updated all appliances. If you want it let me know. I will check the dimensions when I get home

Comment

Working...
                              X