Garage floor epoxy coating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garage floor epoxy coating

Used Devran 224V. 2 gals for $110 on originalcolorchips.com. And then a 1.5 gal of urethane clear coat and they both covered a 450 sqft. garage floor. Acid etched, power washed and degreased the crap out of it beforehand. Let it dry for 2 days and then put down epoxy, waited 24 hrs and then the clear coat. I love how it turned out!!! Got extra chips leftover in the classifieds for cheap!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

looks great!

Comment

Man that looks great!
      It sure knocks down on dust too and makes cleaning up things a breeze. [emoji108]

I've treated the last 3 homes I've bought...it’s the absolute FIRST thing that gets done before we move in.
      I’ve never heard of Devron? Do you think the urethane clear coat will make it slick...especially when wet? [emoji848]
      I have only ever used the Rust-Oleum commercial professional series product.

Just did my shop back in the spring. Love these epoxy floors.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Both floors look awesome, guys.

I am moving into a new home next month and plan to do the same treatment prior, thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
            Man that looks great!
            It sure knocks down on dust too and makes cleaning up things a breeze. [emoji108]

I've treated the last 3 homes I've bought...it’s the absolute FIRST thing that gets done before we move in.
            I’ve never heard of Devron? Do you think the urethane clear coat will make it slick...especially when wet? [emoji848]

What size shop and how much $$$ if you don't mind me asking? I have a new 30x50 I'd like to do but I am scared how much it will cost.

OP- the floor looks great.

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
              Man that looks great!

Very nice! Yea it sure looks better than ugly gray concrete. And no it won’t be slick. Too many flakes with just enough texture to make it not slippery when wet. Already tested it. Lol

Comment

OP - where did you buy all the materials from? Looks great!

Comment

Originally posted by BertramBass View Post
                  What size shop and how much $$$ if you don't mind me asking? I have a new 30x50 I'd like to do but I am scared how much it will cost.

OP- the floor looks great.
                  Mine is 450 sqft and cost $350 with all supplies. So with 1500 sqft, I’d guess around $1100ish.

Comment

Anyone ever do a concrete patio outside?

We just got a quote and it was around $7,000. It is a big area, but seems high to me. it did include some covered patio area as well.

Comment

Can this be done on an older garage floor that has oil stains of various kinds? Can it be cleaned enough for the paint to adhere?

Comment

Originally posted by 220swift View Post

We just got a quote and it was around $7,000. It is a big area, but seems high to me. it did include some covered patio area as well.
                        Don’t use epoxy for anything outside. It will turn yellow from the UV rays. Even with a non yellowing top coat like urethane, it’ll still yellow underneath the clear coat.

Comment

Originally posted by 220swift View Post

Not with the epoxy.

Post #14

Comment

Eagle gloss concrete sealer is what I’m using on my back patio after I stain it. That’s about the same kind of stuff. Non-yellowing and good for outside stuff. About $110 for 5 gallons too.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                              Can this be done on an older garage floor that has oil stains of various kinds? Can it be cleaned enough for the paint to adhere?
                              Sure can. Get some strong degreaser and scrub the crap out of it. If that doesn’t work, you may have to machine grind it. They rent them at HD. Either way, grind it or acid etch it for maximum adhesion.

Comment

Working...
                              X