No announcement yet.

The 2020 Thermal & Night Vision Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trail LRF 2 from pulsar. I hope they got something else to still release.

Comment

Do you know when you might get the Pulsar Thermion XP50 in stock?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SAC View Post
        Too much base mag for my conditions, I think.
        Check out this morning's late night vision show on youtube. They will be making XQ thermions that will have a lower base magnification. I do not believe they mentioned price but I am guessing they will be in the same price range as the XM 30.

Comment

was hoping the new Wraith would come in a little less expensive. I think I heard them say $799

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
            Check out this morning's late night vision show on youtube. They will be making XQ thermions that will have a lower base magnification. I do not believe they mentioned price but I am guessing they will be in the same price range as the XM 30.
            Yep, just watched it. Didn't mention price but the base magnification being lower on the XQ models than 4.2 and 5.5 is awesome! I'm in on the Thermion XQ38 for sure. Anxious to see the price though.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
            Last edited by rossivey; 01-21-2020, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
              was hoping the new Wraith would come in a little less expensive. I think I heard them say $799
              I am sure it will still be great bang for the buck.

Comment

Originally posted by rossivey View Post
                Yep, just watched it. Didn't mention price but the base magnification being lower on the XQ models than 4.2 and 5.5 is awesome! I'm in on the Thermion XQ38 for sure. Anxious to see the price though.

I thought they did mention the magnification....... I might have made that up tho.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
                  I thought they did mention the magnification....... I might have made that up tho.
                  They discussed the magnification just not the price.

Comment

Originally posted by rossivey View Post
                    They discussed the magnification just not the price.

Gotcha, I misunderstood your last post. Agreed they did not talk price. I couldn't imagine it being much more than the XM's since it is using an older thermal core.

Comment

What caliber/calibers do yall use for your NV/Thermal rigs?

I am wanting to build an NV(Wraith) rig on an AR platform. Trying to decide between .308 or 6.8SPC. This would be a multi use rifle, used for coyotes, pigs and deer.

Any input on which caliber would be best?

Comment

Originally posted by marshhunter View Post

I am wanting to build an NV(Wraith) rig on an AR platform. Trying to decide between .308 or 6.8SPC. This would be a multi use rifle, used for coyotes, pigs and deer.

308 over 6.8 all day. we use 308 or 6.5cm for all thermal hunting. trying to find a new 308 for myself right now.

Comment

I use 6.8 spc, 7.62x39, and 308. Gotten to where I seem to carry the x39 most, do to ammo cost but it doesn't have quite the punch of the other two.

Comment

I’m running a .308 right now, but seriously looking at 7.62x39 for hogs. Both are pretty cheap ammo and easy too find.

The KS-47 that palmetto state makes looks pretty dang good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I run my photon on a 6.8 and my thermal on 308

I get more one shot running kills with the 308 but the 6.8 is so much lighter when walking around and still does a great job dropping hogs

Comment

My vote would be 6.5 Grendel since it is a AR 15 platform. Lugging around an AR 10 gets old pretty fast IMO but I am not a strong guy.

Comment

Working...
                                X