No announcement yet.

Question for those who still watch NFL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The country as we know it is on a fast track towards something we will not recognize.

Comment

How long until “Washington Football Team” is offensive to someone?

Comment

Originally posted by ttechdallas View Post
        Just more divisive disinformation intent on inflaming folks on either side of the politcal aisle toward the other.

Its working.
        Hook, line and sinker.

Comment

You can actually go the NFL Charities / NFL Foundation and find this. Most of the donations though are being done through the teams and made to local neighborhood charities in the community. Not the Black Lives Matter organization.

As for the distancing and lawsuits, there is nothing they can do. The Black Lives Matter Global Foundation (the marxists) hijacked the slogan and copyrighted it. The BLM move was not and still is not today an organized entity.

Here is a link to the right leaning NY Post on the subject: https://nypost.com/2020/07/01/the-ag...om-the-slogan/

If I am not mistaken, even the NAACP has disavowed the BLM organization. There are also countless left leaning fact checkers who have had corrected MSM headlines claiming NFL (others) donated $250MM to BLM organization.

Curiously, most black people don't associate "black lives matter" with the BLM organization. But most of us Republicans do.

I got curious about this awhile back because I couldn't believe the NFL would donate any money to BLM and I didn't believe the media. Sure enough, they didn't. But then I kept seeing that same media make the same false claims or dishonest inferences about NFL, players, etc and then how they were playing the reactions by a lot of fans. Just more divisive disinformation intent on inflaming folks on either side of the politcal aisle toward the other.

Its working.

I don’t even know where to start with this.

We will Try here. Please point me in the direction of ANY LEFT WING, BLM-supporting organization that has disavowed BLM.

And the phrase black lives matters, and the organization, cannot be separated. Nobody was marching around screaming Black Lives Matter before the organization was founded. Therefore, that argument just doesn’t hold water.
          Last edited by JLivi1224; 09-17-2020, 06:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
            The country as we know it is on a fast track towards something we will not recognize.
            **** right it is.

The denial, even here, is astounding. And quite frankly, frightening.

Comment

I really don't know how you can definitively say anyone is right or wrong on how they see this. There are no absolute facts which prove any viewpoint is right or wrong. Only the facts we consider vs ignore plus what we're willing to assume.

The media lies to us everyday, reporting their own opinions as facts. So a lot of times, I don't buy into them until I look for more info or try to understand another perspective.

I don't think the NFL is pandering. I think they're accepting the reality that 77% of their employees and that the issue of racism is still far more prevalent than should be acceptable to anyone - including any Christian who is also a conservative Republican.

IMO, we are getting played by the Dem media into associating the NFL/athletes with all this left wing craziness. They're eating up all these boycotts because it makes us like we really are racists. That we are so offended that Black people don't see the country as we'll actually argue that racism either doesn't exist or its not that bad.

But we agree on Goodell. He has been a disaster for years - from my perspective.

Wait a minute
              You say “issue of racism is still far more prevalent than should be acceptable to anyone”
              Do you actually believe this? Not that racism exists because we all know it does and always will but do you truly believe it’s still “far more prevalent than should be acceptable “
              This is the crux of the whole propaganda that is being spread. If you truly believe that then I can understand your position. However, there is no data that supports the rhetoric and the very idea that we have “systematic” racism whether in the world of law enforcement or otherwise is patently false and it’s this very rhetoric that is so dangerous to our society. All the white folks out there that aren’t racist but are being labeled as such. The very idea that one community or race is being held back due to racism in this country is at best a ridiculous idea and simply an excuse. The nfl, whether they are funneling money directly to BLM or not are perpetuating, at the very least, these ideas and once again making an excuse for a certain segment of society. Why does the nfl need a “social justice fund”?
              Please explain to me what social justice means and why is it that only blacks are victims of social injustice? Almost all the money is funneled to black Causes whether it’s blm or not. Where’s the justice in that?
              Not to mention many of these “social justice” grants are supporting political positions like a green economy or justice reform or say their name.

The nfl is a machine and they are now
              Carrying the water for a cause that isn’t real and that should pizz very white person off because it’s the white guy that’s in the cross hairs and i just can’t understand how people can’t see that other than they are just ok with it. Only the white man can hold the black man down, so every social justice commercial is aimed at you if you are white. Just don’t know how a man can bring themselves to support that unless:
              1. You believe it
              2. You are guilty of it
              3. You just don’t care

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
                I don’t even know where to start with this.

We will Try here. Please point me in the direction of ANY LEFT WING, BLM-supporting organization that has disavowed BLM.

And the phrase black lives matters, and the organization, cannot be separated. Nobody was marching around screaming Black Lives Matter before the organization was founded. Therefore, that argument just doesn’t hold water.
                You are just flat wrong. Maybe you can't separate it. Or you refuse to separate it for reasons of your own choice - but not based on facts.

Same with your "nobody was marching around......." comment. And look at your characterization - marching screaming. You see and hear what you want to believe, but the vast vast majority of references to "black lives matter" have zero, zilcho, nada to do with the Black Lives Matter Global Foundation.

You're being played. The more we associate all black people with BLM and left, the wing crazies the easier it is to ignore what the majority of black people are actually trying to say.

I'm a hardcore Republican and I can neither believe nor understand why even the term "black lives matter" is so offensive to so many of us. It is obvious what it means and yet there are people who somehow distort it in implying that means their or other lives don't matter. That is as idiotic as those on the left who believe Trump thinks all immigrants are criminals, rapists, etc.

For them to actually believe he said that, they have to want to believe it. Otherwise, a simple fact check would enlighten them to as to what he really said. Same thing here. Keep on seeing what you want to believe and pretty soon we'll be just like the hate mongering crazies on the other side.

Comment

Unless you can show the distancing going on in the current media with daily enthusiasm, BLM now = Black Lives Matter...there is literally nothing in the daily news or any effort to distance the two going on?? Why, if it's so important??

Whether you want to admit it or not, the two are now one in the same in the eyes of world & until that actually happen BLM/Black Lives Matter is now considered a marxist organization & dragged the original meaning with them. You will see both BLM & Black Lives Matter T shirts in every riot & no longer matters who's wearing most likely a 20 or 30 something white antifa members.

Who here has said anything about associating all black people with a marxist organization?? BLM no longer has anything to do with racial injustice...it's all about her colorblind movement to end capitalism & the Amaerican way of life as our founders envisioned.
                  Last edited by Artos; 09-17-2020, 08:32 AM.

Comment

You are just flat wrong. Maybe you can't separate it. Or you refuse to separate it for reasons of your own choice - but not based on facts.

Same with your "nobody was marching around......." comment. And look at your characterization - marching screaming. You see and hear what you want to believe, but the vast vast majority of references to "black lives matter" have zero, zilcho, nada to do with the Black Lives Matter Global Foundation.

You're being played. The more we associate all black people with BLM and left, the wing crazies the easier it is to ignore what the majority of black people are actually trying to say.

I'm a hardcore Republican and I can neither believe nor understand why even the term "black lives matter" is so offensive to so many of us. It is obvious what it means and yet there are people who somehow distort it in implying that means their or other lives don't matter. That is as idiotic as those on the left who believe Trump thinks all immigrants are criminals, rapists, etc.

For them to actually believe he said that, they have to want to believe it. Otherwise, a simple fact check would enlighten them to as to what he really said. Same thing here. Keep on seeing what you want to believe and pretty soon we'll be just like the hate mongering crazies on the other side.
                    We're so screwed. I pray for our country to come to its senses. If anyone questions how the progressives have come so far so fast just read this post.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Whoa there pal. Tread lightly. I NEVER said I associate all black peoples with BLM. that would be a rather prejudicial viewpoint, some may even say racist.

Black lives matter is a Marxist organization (Patrice Colours ,CO founder , Has expressed clearly in multiple interviews, “they are trained Marxists”. BLM is hell bent on EXASPERATING the plights the black community, NOT solving them.

One of their key objectives is the breakdown of the paternal nuclear family. If you don’t believe me look it up on their website. The CORE problem in the black community, and even the minority community as a whole, is fatherless homes. It’s also a growing issue in the white community as well. These young men grow up with no father figure in these impoverished areas riddled with crime, are going to find a father figure on the streets. So this organization that’s supposed to be for black lives, is fighting for the CORE problem as one of their biggest goals.

Ok to your next point - what exactly are black people (BLM supporters) trying to say? I reject the entire premise of what you claim they are marching for. Black people are not hunted down And disproportionately the victims of police shootings. The factual statistical data simply does not support that. If we cannot agree on the fax, how are we ever going to resolve anything in this country. Joe Biden himself said truth over facts. I’m sorry, but there is not my truth, your truth, history, her truth. The truth is the truth, and there’s no gray area today.

We have interacted several times on here, and I read all of your posts. You’re an educated man, well spoken, and probably very intelligent. You have to understand that the FBI statistics just do not support that. I can provide ample evidence of that and I have in the past. I would love to send you a book if you promise to read it. What say you? It’s short. It’s simply a narrative to drum up - exactly what we are seeing in these streets. Racial unrest, where there’s not any. Despite what the media and others want to portray, we are not, I repeat are not, in a race war.

It’s also incredibly ironic that you took issue my usage of, “marching in screaming Black Lives Matter”. Sir, they are literally walking around marching in screaming Black Lives Matter. You appear to be truth of ours.

Can I ask you another question, how do you feel about “white silence is violence.” Can silence be violence? So if they march by me and my wife at a patio eating lunch and They all have their fists raised in the air, and they proclaim that because I’m not following them, remaining silent, That I’m somehow being violent? Which would mean that they would see it fit and legal to meet my silent violence with physical violence??

Is This couple being violent ?

[ame="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iQlZK-lDfHE"]'White Silence is Violence': BLM protesters harass diners in Washington DC - YouTube[/ame]

See the link to the book below. P.m. me your address and I’ll send it to you. I would be willing to bet you’re a big reader.

Last edited by JLivi1224; 09-17-2020, 08:48 AM.

Comment

NFL...I fart in their general direction... I'm done!

Comment

[QUOTE=ttechdallas;15105930]You are just flat wrong. Maybe you can't separate it. Or you refuse to separate it for reasons of your own choice - but not based on facts.

For them to actually believe he said that, they have to want to believe it. Otherwise, a simple fact check would enlighten them to as to what he really said. Same thing here. Keep on seeing what you want to believe and pretty soon we'll be just like the hate mongering crazies on the other

The only people that are being played are the ones that buy into blm and there are no two entities of blm. Thats a lie too.
                          Blm says black peope are oppressed and preyed upon by systematic racism can we agree on that?
                          If that’s the case then blm is a lie and the narrative is simply false.
                          Unless, again, you actually believe that narrative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Ok it’s full blown TDS. I JUST REALIZED.

If you believe Trump said all immigrants are criminals, rapists etc....YOU are the one being played.

Comment

From the top dog with the intel.

Attorney General William Barr accused the 'Black Lives Matter' movement of using the issue of Black people shot by police as a tool for a larger political agenda instead of sincerely trying to help those they claim to support.

Attorney General Bill Barr accused the Black Lives Matter movement of using the issue of Black people shot by police as a tool for a larger political agenda instead of sincerely trying to help those they claim to support.

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
                                **** right it is.

The denial, even here, is astounding. And quite frankly, frightening.
                                Yes sir

Comment

Working...
                                X