No announcement yet.

Caught a poacher first weekend!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad the guy got caught for what he was doing on forest land, but sounds like he was never on your actual property. Sounds like he had bad intentions, but unless he crosses the fence or shoots on to your place, there's not a whole lot you can do about it. Good on your though for getting the GW involved and to let them know the place is being watched....

Comment

Some real characters down in those areas. Glad you caught him.

Comment

Wow now that's a heck of away to start a season.

Comment

Dang fence line hunters. If you weren't hunting so close to the fence you would have never seen him.

[emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

east texas poachers, like weeds you pull one out and two grow back..

I will never hunt lease or own that way for that reason

Comment

Glad he got caught!

Comment

Where was this at?

Comment

I wonder what the rule is if I'm on my land next to the national forest hunting on my own land ? Can someone call on me if I'm waiting on hogs on my side of the fence. They have been rooting in my back pasture.

Comment

Glad you called the warden and he took care of business. Folks need to hunt legal.

Comment

Way to go. Good to meet the local wardens.

Comment

Can I play devils advocate...
                        If he's on the national forest side with a rifle.....he can look at your property all day while waiting for a hog to show up on the forest side. Its until he fires a round across that he had actually done anything wrong right?
                        So if he was legal (orange and licence) he could of got you for harassment?

Comment

Watch your back out there, those type of individuals aren't high on morals.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                            Can I play devils advocate...
                            If he's on the national forest side with a rifle.....he can look at your property all day while waiting for a hog to show up on the forest side. Its until he fires a round across that he had actually done anything wrong right?
                            So if he was legal (orange and licence) he could of got you for harassment?
                            People tell on themselves all the time. If he had been hog hunting and legal, he wouldn't have took off when he saw him in the tree. He would have said sorry, looking for hogs and walked off. The fact he ditched the gun and took off, gives away his intentions. Criminals always say someone told on them, yea, they tell on themselves.

Sounds like game warden did what he could, hope they got the point.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                              Watch your back out there, those type of individuals aren't high on morals.
                              Yep. People have been known to come back to a burnt down camp or stand

Comment

Glad they were caught ! Good job.

Comment

Working...
                                X