Plumbing ?? Pex underground

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plumbing ?? Pex underground

Are there any issues with burying pex underground? I need to tie into a PVC line that's buried. Wanted to run pex a couple hundred feet to an area where I will have animals and a garden.

Are there any issues with pex being prone to roots or breaks?

Thanks

Sent from my A509DL using Tapatalk

No sir ,it's common to run supply lines in pex ,only negative to pex that happened once we ran a small waterline to an ice maker and a rat chewed on it and made it leak, you should be good to go

Comment

Lowe's in home Depot only have the small rolls but plumbing supply houses like Morrison or Ferguson will have the larger rolls 250 350 500 so you should be able to make it all one piece, good luck be safe and blessed

Comment

Granted its only 50 feet but I just did this at my house. We used 1/2" irrigation tubing. Attached it to an existing hose bib with a "Y" and buried it across the backyard to garden and chickens. Came up side of coop and fitted it back to 1/2 PVC to another hose bib and a "Y"

All because my wife has the uncanny inability to put the water hose back on the holder

Comment

Pex A has more flexibility if you are needing it in its route.
          Need expander tool but sure works great

Comment

I did. So far so good.

Comment

We were going to use PEX from the well to the house and shop until someone recommended using PVC instead because of the gophers we have out there. We will go PEX at the house though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RobinHood View Post
                We were going to use PEX from the well to the house and shop until someone recommended using PVC instead because of the gophers we have out there. We will go PEX at the house though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                I didn't even think about gophers. I got a bunch of those bassturds

Comment

If you cross any place where you will drive sleeve it in PVC. Otherwise the traffic will cause the sharp rocks to eventually work their way through.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                    I didn't even think about gophers. I got a bunch of those bassturds
                    I got moles, not gophers. I don't know if they can chew....but who knows.
                    Last edited by Chew; 05-03-2022, 06:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kmitchl View Post
                      If you cross any place where you will drive sleeve it in PVC. Otherwise the traffic will cause the sharp rocks to eventually work their way through.
                      Good point. Should be light traffic...but r
                      Tractor will be on it from time to time

Comment

if it has teeth..it can chew

Comment

Pex is all we use for waterlines underground.

Whatever you do, don't use Sharbites underground (or anywhere actually).

We used about a dozen to put standpipes by the water meters on new construction. They rotted in less than a year and we got call backs for geizers in the yard. After the second call back we dug them all up and replaced them. They corrode and blow off.

Apparently you can wrap them in silicone tape. No thanks.

You can order Pex from Supplyhouse.com and save money(or you could a couple years ago). Larger rolls too.

Comment

Originally posted by GA Bowhunter View Post
                            Pex is all we use for waterlines underground.

Whatever you do, don't use Sharbites underground (or anywhere actually).

We used about a dozen to put standpipes by the water meters on new construction. They rotted in less than a year and we got call backs for geizers in the yard. After the second call back we dug them all up and replaced them. They corrode and blow off.

Apparently you can wrap them in silicone tape. No thanks.

You can order Pex from Supplyhouse.com and save money(or you could a couple years ago). Larger rolls too.
                            What other connections are available besides shark bites? Need to connect pex to PVC

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                              Granted its only 50 feet but I just did this at my house. We used 1/2" irrigation tubing. Attached it to an existing hose bib with a "Y" and buried it across the backyard to garden and chickens. Came up side of coop and fitted it back to 1/2 PVC to another hose bib and a "Y"

All because my wife has the uncanny inability to put the water hose back on the holder
                              Is there a woman alive that knows how to properly wind a hose or extension cord up?

Comment

Working...
                              X