Wild Turkey Breast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wild Turkey Breast

Need some suggestions - Fry , smoked or grilled- What seasonings are good to use?

My go to is tenderize and then soak in pickle juice with black pepper, garlic, and salt overnight and then fry.

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed323 View Post
      My go to is tenderize and then soak in pickle juice with black pepper, garlic, and salt overnight and then fry.
      I agree with fry, but pickle juice is a knew one on me

Comment

Originally posted by Buck_jane View Post
        I agree with fry, but pickle juice is a knew one on me
        I figured if chik-Fil-a does it, why wouldn’t it work on Turkey. I tried it once, and that’s pretty what I do every time now. Really tenderizes the meat and everyone loves it.

Comment

strip, soak in buttermilk with hot sauce and chicken fry.

Comment

Cut in strips, marinate overnight in ziploc w Italian dressing then deep fry w your favorite breading.

Comment

I figured if chik-Fil-a does it, why wouldn’t it work on Turkey. I tried it once, and that’s pretty what I do every time now. Really tenderizes the meat and everyone loves it.
              I’ve tried pickle juice several times (wanted the Chick-fil-A taste) and it seems no different than using Italian dressing to my taste buds, basically just a tenderizer. Still looking to figure out that certain recipe/taste.

My favorite is fried into strips/nuggets or sliced into Patties whether fried or grilled, a turkey patty on a bun with pickles…. Gosh dang it’s good!

Comment

Try pickled jalapeño juice next time.

Comment

Pound it thin dip in flour a beaten egg and then panko and fry squeeze of lemon juice. Turkey schnitzel

Comment

Originally posted by 88 Bound View Post
                    Try pickled jalapeño juice next time.
                    Will do! I’ll try that with a Turkey breast from this week.

Comment

Similar to above, but this is the recipe I use for frying the breasts: https://www.themeateater.com/cook/re...nuggets-recipe

Favorite turkey leg recipe: https://honest-food.net/turkey-carnitas/

I've also brined and smoked the breasts before. It turned out excellent. Just takes a little more prep time than frying so I usually go that route.

Comment

I strip mine and smoke into jerky. It always gets eaten before the deer jerky.

Comment

Deep fry with tony' injection dry rub Tony's on the outside and in the cavity.

Comment

Last deer season Tom. Mad all of it into jerky on my pellet smoker. Turned out great.

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                            X