I’m on a New Lease! Axis Live Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I recently joined a lease near Blanco with Casey, Les and Stins. Casey and Les have been leasing this beautiful property for 5 years. Travis joined a couple of seasons ago.

I’ve never really had to join or pay for a lease in the past, as I’ve been blessed to have family property, as well as invites to some great places, mostly in South Texas. For various reasons that I won’t rehash here, most of those opportunities have ended or significantly diminished in recent years. I only hunted a handful of days last season (and my girls even less!) That’s simply not acceptable!

Casey has invited me and the family every year to join him in Blanco, and this season I’m excited to have accepted!

The lease term began in 3/1, and I didn’t want to waste any time in making the most of the new opportunity! I’m here this weekend exploring and learning the property, while also attempting to shoot an Axis or hog.

Casey and I filled some feeders, explored and then sat together yesterday evening at “Garcia” hoping for a shot, but we only saw a few whitetails. I’m back again this morning in the same blind.

Jeanette, Courtney and Abigail will join us later today, as will Les and Colette. I’m back In the Krivoman at Garcia this morning. It’s sure to be a fun weekend, so let’s get this thing rolling!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Michael; 03-05-2022, 09:07 AM.
    My Flickr Photos

Awesome, will be watching along from the cheap seats!

Comment

In! Good luck bossman

Comment

Congratulations on the new place. Good luck!

Comment

Congrats . I’m in

Comment

Not much happening here yet, but it’s a beautiful morning. I hear a rooster crowing from a neighbor’s home, with an occasional answer from some gobblers. It’s overcast and a bit breezy.

I’m rocking the Sony A7S3 (looking for some of that 240 fps smooth slow mo action!) and the Mathews V3-31 (looking for some smooth and quiet 275 fps action! )

FTR, I stopped by Brush to Bay with my new V3X-29 on Tuesday and Tim helped me install my Ultrarest IMX and a peep, but I haven’t tuned, or even shot, the bow yet. We’ll probably spend some time during the day working on that!

Oh, and Jeff…I need to order some new arrows!

Last edited by Michael; 03-05-2022, 07:12 AM.
            My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Good stuff.

This looks like it could be an old road bed.

Comment

A whitetail doe has come in for a visit.

My Flickr Photos

Comment

Congrats on landing a spot in my favorite part of the country. I hunted near Luckenbach for many years. Good luck this weekend!

Comment

Good luck Michael. Blanco has a good amount of Axis. Shoot straight!

Comment

Off 1888 between Blanco and Fredericksburg. What area are you located?

Good luck and congrats on the new lease.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Good luck on the axis hunt and congrats on joining the new lease.
                        Wish y’all the best for this year and the years to come.

Comment

We are just a few miles west of town off of River Road.

My Flickr Photos

Comment

Following....

Comment

Rough crowd you are hanging with! I am sure your parents lectured you on the friends you choose and the impact they have on your life young man!!!

That being said you will be a good influence on those Yayhoos.

Good luck with those spotted critters.

Comment

Working...
                              X