Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why you don't want kids at weddings......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
    I have the unpleasant task of asking parents to not let their children run wild in my restaurant. It never ends well. It always amazes me that parents don’t pick up on the fact that EVERYONE is staring at them and giving them THE LOOK!!
    I feel for you. I can't believe what parents let their kids do it public.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
      My dad would just give us the stare when we were actin a fool at dinner. Lord forbid we stood on the booth and bothered the those dining next to us. Nowadays its the norm to see kids running amok in the restaurant. So much so that GF and I are surprised when we see parents actually policing their children. "Wow, look how well-behaved these kids are."
      I once asked a woman to have her kids take a seat and quit running through the restaurant before they fell and busted their head on a table or chair. She said, and I quote,” I’ll sign a waiver.” I told her that waivers don’t work for me and she promptly gathered the little heathens and said she would not be back. And she hasn’t. Thank God.

Comment

I once asked a woman to have her kids take a seat and quit running through the restaurant before they fell and busted their head on a table or chair. She said, and I quote,” I’ll sign a waiver.” I told her that waivers don’t work for me and she promptly gathered the little heathens and said she would not be back. And she hasn’t. Thank God.
        lol, that's the best one ever. Guess you could always trip one and see what she thought then.

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
          lol, that's the best one ever. Guess you could always trip one and see what she thought then.

You gotta be careful where you put your feet while eating when the heathens are running wild. Seen one crash & burn one time that tripped over a guys foot!

When I'm out shopping & the heathens are going wild I look at them & give a growl. Most of the time it at least clears them out. Been known to throw some dirty looks at parents when their kids get the growl & say something to momma.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I would take my kids just about anywhere; because they listen. When parents set a firm and consistent example early on the kids tend to behave. My son still gets a good whipping every now and then, but that’s just because he’s too much like his daddy.

We’ve lost friends over their kids though. Just won’t discipline them and they are a-holes. Ain’t nobody got time for that.

Comment

I didn’t talk back and was taught to keep my feet off the furniture. And when told me to do something I did it or got my arse whipped. With a switch or belt. When I really pizzed my mom off she’s make me cut my own switch. That was hail. She would definitely bring the fire and brimstone. If my dad had to do it he’d just give me a full country azz whupping.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
                  I didn’t talk back and was taught to keep my feet off the furniture. And when told me to do something I did it or got my arse whipped. With a switch or belt. When I really pizzed my mom off she’s make me cut my own switch. That was hail. She would definitely bring the fire and brimstone. If my dad had to do it he’d just give me a full country azz whupping.
                  We must be brothers.

Comment

I would put signage up stating that children must be controlled or you and your food will have to go. Plain and simple. I’ve seen signs that did say that children must be controlled. We have a special needs son and when he was young he could be hard to control. I told my wife numerous times that people don’t wanna have to deal with children, and shouldn’t have to, when they go out to eat. Full stop.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
                      My dad could fill an entire room with a leather belt!

Comment

My wife and I are blessed with a great son. Honestly couldn't ask for more with him. He's 8 and there isn't any doubt in my mind that i could leave him alone at your wedding and never know he was there. BUT, he's no stranger to a arse whooping. He may get 2-3 a year but you have to make them count. The rest of the time all he needs is a stern look and all is good. Now we have friends who's kids I dread coming over. They're little hell raising tornados. You can bet 100 if they're quite they're tearing something up.

Comment

Good for you. Customers like that, you don't need.

Comment

Originally posted by huntingfanatic View Post
                            Found a 4 year old by himself at the bottom of a 200 ft waterfall that runs down the side of a hill at our venue, replaced the fire pit burners twice where the kids have melted glow sticks in them, had to make them quit running up and down the top of the outside bar , had to stop them from pulling down the string lights attached to the fence…etc. My favorite was last week when I had to get on microphone and ask whoever the parent was that put their kid up against the wall in a baby carrier to please come get their child because he had been by himself crying for about 10 minutes Stories are endless. Do all kids act this way absolutely not but it’s not hard to see early on in a wedding how it’s gonna go. The parents just cut them loose. I love kids. Got five of my own but it sure doesn’t hurt my feelings when there is a “ no kids wedding”. I feel your pain Joel !

It’s funny to read some of the comments like “we got our asses whipped when we acted a fool”
                            Translation even though you were disciplined as a child you still has those occasions. That’s the whole point, kids are kids and you never know what they will do especially when they are with a group of kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
                              It’s funny to read some of the comments like “we got our asses whipped when we acted a fool”
                              Translation even though you were disciplined as a child you still has those occasions. That’s the whole point, kids are kids and you never know what they will do especially when they are with a group of kids.

Yes kids will still do stupid things, but the point of the thread is the parents that let their kids run around like feral animals. I just won’t tolerate it. If a parent isn’t willing to discipline their child I’m not gonna expose my kids to that nonsense and waste any of my time around it. I got to do a lot of fun things as a kid, but I always knew I better listen to my parents because when I didn’t I paid consequences. My children are learning the same lessons. The reason we have so many useless adults in modern society is because they didn’t learn the concept that all choices and actions have consequences.

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post

I agree. Some of these who are multiple "whooopees" seem to be too dumb to get it the first time or two. I promise you that I didn't make the same mistake twice. Either that or their parents were child abusers. Lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X