No announcement yet.

2022 Crappie Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My buddy Kelly always has a slip cork rigged up and uses it through the day when the urge hits him (often when he wants to get a little further away from brush or work it across a large pile). It works well and I will be also setting the rig up.
    Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

I don't catch nearly as many as the other guys. But I fish my kids with slip corks when we're on piles.

I'll set the cork to where there jig or minnow is just above the pile or in the top of it. Keeps them from hanging up so much. And they catch just as many or more as I do.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

First time ever crappie fishing this weekend. Don’t remember what the final count was but we fun.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
          First time ever crappie fishing this weekend. Don’t remember what the final count was but we fun.

Heck yeah! We gotta take from crappie this weekend and go mow the lease and put out corn.

Comment

Originally posted by LeanMachine View Post
            My boat is pretty small and space is limited. I changed my minnow box to a nice ozark trail soft sided lunch box with waterproof zippers that I already had. I think it was $20-30 back when i bought it. Tossed on a $5 bubbler from walmart and it works like a champ. We have had up to 3/4# of minnows in it so far with zero casualties in 100+ degree heat.

Anybody running a slip cork setup to keep from having to stare at the screen so dang much? We had been fishing almost exclusively cover that did not break the water surface. Therefore you are pretty tied to staring at the screen. Sunday we fished a bunch of timber that was sticking out of 20 feet of water. Most fish were at 10 feet. Once you know where the fish are in relation to the visible structure, seems like you could set you slip cork to the correct depth and not worry about the screen so much. I was basically doing this with a jig. I had a jig on my short pole so i would just cast past the structure about as far as the fish were deep, and let the jig pendulum into them. Hook up ratio seemed to be about the same. Wouldn't have to wait for it to swing if i was running a slip cork. Thoughts?

Sounds like you have livescope onboard, but you could just side scan to find the brush and toss out a floating marker / buoy. That will give you the relation you need for slip corks.
            I’m new to crappie fishing but thats how i have seen it done and rigging my 14’ alweld to do it that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
              Sounds like you have livescope onboard, but you could just side scan to find the brush and toss out a floating marker / buoy. That will give you the relation you need for slip corks.
              I’m new to crappie fishing but thats how i have seen it done and rigging my 14’ alweld to do it that way.

Yes running live scope. I thought about using a buoy when structure does not come out of water. As awesome as live scope is, i found i enjoyed the catch more when i wasnt looking at the screen.

I won't lie. I'm not great at feeling them pick up the bait a lot of the time on those long poles. Hard to not notice a bobber going down.

Comment

Your coming around!! You might not want to eat ocean perch after this!!

Comment

Haven’t been to Conroe in a while! She spit out some pigs today!! Hide Conroe crappie! Your in trouble tomorrow too!!

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                    Haven’t been to Conroe in a while! She spit out some pigs today!! Hide Conroe crappie! Your in trouble tomorrow too!!

I have been trying for weeks on Conroe to learn how to catch these tasty sum biscuits. Always turns into a catfish trip by 9am

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
                      I have been trying for weeks on Conroe to learn how to catch these tasty sum biscuits. Always turns into a catfish trip by 9am

PM Snowflake Killa for the honey holes! Then just sit back and load the stringer!!

Comment

I’d still find a way to do it wrong.
                        Always been a ditch pickle fisherman at heart.

Comment

Hey, congrats to yall, Philip! Hope it sticks in your blood.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                            Hey, congrats to yall, Philip! Hope it sticks in your blood.

It might if I wasn’t 4 hours from a dang crappie.

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                              PM Snowflake Killa for the honey holes! Then just sit back and load the stringer!!
                              I sea what you did there [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

You get out of there and go to the salt.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X