Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are state highway medians public land and able to be legally hunted?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
    What could go wrong? Slinging an arrow at an animal when cars are going 80 mph in both directions. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Better wait until night time when traffic dies down. [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk

Comment

Are state highway medians public land and able to be legally hunted?

Originally posted by txtrophy85 View Post
      Unfortunately no. It’s owned by the state of Texas, which it’s its own entity. It’s not owned by the people of the state of Texas

The state of Texas owns a lot more land than people know about.

So do cities and counties. I researched the random land the city of Corpus Christi owns a few years ago . It’s astonishing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

People have been hunting the highway medians in East Texas for years. Decades even. Only the ones that get caught find out it’s illegal

Comment

Years ago a goof ball killed a 200 incher in a city park in Wichita Falls. It did not end well for him!

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
            Years ago a goof ball killed a 200 incher in a city park in Wichita Falls. It did not end well for him!
            I used to do this type thing with a tranquilizer dart, a horse trailer, and animal control magnetic sign on doors and shirt with a name tag.

But the “Karens” don’t give a rat’s behind, they just start snapping pictures and posting.

Don’t do areas with Karens !

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
              So do cities and counties. I researched the random land the city of Corpus Christi owns a few years ago . It’s astonishing.

A lot of land is donated or willed to municipalities, schools and universities.

UT has been given thousands of acres over the years of primo ranch country.

Comment

Originally posted by txtrophy85 View Post
                A lot of land is donated or willed to municipalities, schools and universities.

UT has been given thousands of acres over the years of primo ranch country.

I can definitely see that with universities. A lot of people enjoy that legacy from their alma mater

Comment

Originally posted by BlessedVeteran0305 View Post
                  I think you would have better luck at your local golf course especially if you live in Lampasas or are stationed at Ft Hood.
                  In the 1980s, the local sporting goods store in Marble Falls sponsored a big buck archery contest for Burnet County. An old guy with a huge gut from Horseshoe Bay killed a big buck during bow season with his 22 rifle on the golf course, stuck an arrow in the hole, entered the contest, and got his picture in the paper. After seeing his picture in the paper, his neighbors turned him in for killing what they considered to be their neighborhood pet. He later got his name in the paper for a different reason after TPWD investigated and prosecuted him. I remember getting a phone call from a friend that I had won when my entry jumped from second place to first place after the contest had ended due to his disqualification.

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
                    OP, I hope you just hoping for some great responses!

[emoji41]

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
                      Yes, owned by and lawful access are completely different issues.

City Hall is owned by the people of that city. So the mayor’s office is public property, the mayor does not on it. Try breaking in the mayor’s office at 2 AM and when the police show up say, I’m a taxpayer so this is mine.

Uhhhh……. no.

Exactly, Terry! When they stormed the capitol building in January there some on here that stated it is the “peoples” building or some such and they had the right as citizens to be there. It is hard to reason with folks who don’t reason!

Comment

The only thing I ain't seen in the medians are good fishing tanks. But some medians lead to bridges. And the bridges do make great camping spots while out hunt-n. Plus, you can sometimes set out a hand line for fish under a bridge while out hunt-n. Heck, I've even run into other folks that stay there too. They always will-n to help with the lines for a cup of coffee and a buck. And are very grateful for a sammich!

Comment

When The bird and turtle man asks your name and date of birth just yell “FJB”.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                            The only thing I ain't seen in the medians are good fishing tanks. But some medians lead to bridges. And the bridges do make great camping spots while out hunt-n. Plus, you can sometimes set out a hand line for fish under a bridge while out hunt-n. Heck, I've even run into other folks that stay there too. They always will-n to help with the lines for a cup of coffee and a buck. And are very grateful for a sammich!
                            Michael was that you? Man thanks for the sammich. It was a little dry though. Times were tough for a while !!

Comment

I try to help where I can, sir. If the hogs ever make it across traffic to the median, without be-n hit, we'll all have a great feast around the campfire under the bridge one night!
                              Last edited by Texas Grown; 06-26-2022, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BETTERLUCKYTHANGOOD View Post
                                Do it!!!!
                                Make sure to use a bowfishing rig so the animal can't get to far. I would tie everything off to the tree with cable though, those Axis are strong.

What dead setting ya thinking? 11?

Comment

Working...
                                X