Cellular Hog Trap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kp143631 View Post

Just dropped the gate on another sounder. Looks to be around 14 or so. This will make 30 in 2 nights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Great work. How long from the time you set out the trap until you caught the 30 hogs?

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
      Great work. How long from the time you set out the trap until you caught the 30 hogs?

I had been baiting the area with corn where I set the trap up for a couple of weeks. The trap is on the edge of a food plot and the hogs visited the plot frequently. From the time I set the trap it took 2 weeks to catch all 31 hogs. Caught 16 the first time and then 15 again the next night.

I plan to setup the trap up around the feeder when I get a chance since the hogs are already there.

Comment

Man, I miss killing wild pigs retired and in Montana. The ‘wheeeee’ sound when hit and the last breath as you let the air out.

KAP- great project.

Comment

Well that did not take long to get that pen bloody.

Congrats.

Rwc

Comment

awesome pen setup. Well done sir

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Excellent build and catch!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                  No hogs in Montana- thank God.

From my Cali days trapping on s depro permit, we found getting the soft strawberries and plums a food store removed from the sales area and trash made the killer bait. If you put the fruit in a 5 gallon bucket with the top screwed on for a few days in the sun it fermented into a pungent, sweet mush. It kinda smelled like Japanese saki.

If you ask the produce manager, he’ll probably say “why not?”.

Cali hogs came running in for it. You may want to try it in your trap.

Don’t use celery, though. I’ve seen 50 pounds of mixed vegetables eaten and they would not touch celery. Go figure!

Celery will kill hogs. Just ask my buddy, his wife threw some out to their pet hogs and they all died. Deer will not touch celery as well, maybe the same fate?

Comment

This looks great!

Comment

The trap is setup and ready! Hogs have been at this feeder daily. Let’s see how long it takes them to get comfortable so we can catch a few.

I have added a second gate and will have the third gate completed this week.

Comment

Watching.

Comment

Wow. That is a great trap and you are efficient!
                          I thought how’s would not come back to a trap quickly after a trapping and killing.
                          Obviously they will

Just curious. Why no auto feeder on that first trap ?
                          Seems if you feed after dark the deer wouldn’t beat the
                          Hogs to the trap.

Keep on trapping!

Comment

They have been showing up regular. Hopefully I can catch a few Friday night.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X