X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
    My contribution…

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Someone once told me that chicks dig scars...

Comment

Originally posted by chastings77 View Post
      I am 42. Had a spot on my foot ever since a little kid, assumed it was a wart. Had the Dr. remove it, nickel size at that point. Turned out to be cancer and they had to get more. Went in for a quick surgery 3 weeks later to cut more out of me. Did great for a few days and then got infected. Went to the ER, extreme pain, turned out to be a MRSA infection, was in the hospital a couple days. This was back in April this year, doing great now but yes, sunscreen up!

If I had to do all over again I would not do a day surgery in a hospital, stay away from the hospital. I know there are better day surgery places than your local hospital.
      Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's my current understanding is that the skin cancer areas aren't necessarily the same area that "got too much sun" but can be triggered by too much sun in any area of the body? That would explain the skin cancer on the foot.........?

Comment

How were they detected, by sight, or pain in the area?

Comment

This is a good thread, I have an uncle that has struggled with this for a while. Unfortunately, he had a spot on his chin that went a little too long and metastasized throughout this body. He has been battling tumors in his brain for about a year now and it is disheartening to see how fast it has consumed his body, brain, and abilities.

Don’t wait to get stuff diagnosed and taken care of, even if you are not sure.

Also, I have gone to wearing a lot of UV rated long sleeve and long pants clothes in addition to sunscreen and brimmed hats.

Comment

I had photodynamic therapy done on the top of my head today. That my friends s no fun!
            Cryotherapy hurts while they are spraying the liquid nitrogen. The burn does start to relax is a few seconds. With the photodynamic treatment, it burns for the entire 15 minutes.

Comment

Yeah, I just had another blue light this past week. I’d like to backup OP’s request that you youngins wear the sunscreen. It sucks, it feels like wearing a plastic bag on your face and burns your eyes when you sweat, but its for real brothers and sisters !

And, with blue light, the more it burns, that means the more of them buggers you have !

I’m gonna throw this out. If you guys are out there, even if you gotta mix up a little mud for the face and neck, do it !
              Last edited by Voodoo; 06-24-2022, 03:50 PM.

Comment

There are big advances and strides in this area which is a Blessing !

Comment

Originally posted by JunxMan View Post
                  Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's my current understanding is that the skin cancer areas aren't necessarily the same area that "got too much sun" but can be triggered by too much sun in any area of the body? That would explain the skin cancer on the foot.........?
                  Yes

I’ll also add this. If you are like me, high speed low drag, wearing old man readers when you have 20:15 vision and covering your skin sucks indeed.
                  Last edited by Voodoo; 06-24-2022, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
                    good thread. I try and wear a cap when I expect a lot of exposure, and carry the sunscreen with me to apply as needed.
                    And yes, I've sunburned when it was cloudy!
                    You know I play golf every week with buddies - none of them ever wear a ball cap or use sun screen -

I don't just wear a ball hat I wear a wide brimmed hat - plus lots of sun screen - had too many folks I know who had serious skin cancer - some made it and some did not

Comment

I lost two coworkers at my last job due to melanoma. Both had it on their back. One was a single feller. And didn't know he had it till it was to late. Melanoma is the worst of them. Because it can spread to organs and other parts of the body. It metastasis very rapidly.

Comment

Regular checkups with a Dermatologist will help. Twice a year. That how they detected mine.

Comment

My dad had half his left ear removed and the top of his head looks like a potato peeler was taken to it. All Mohs surgeries.

Comment

Sunscreen >> long clothes - even good Christian women don’t like pastey boys

Comment

Need to get a wider brimmed cowboy hat now

Comment

I worked most of my life outside. I’m paying for it now. I had a spot removed from my nose and now a piece of my right ear. Take it serious guys. When I’m outside I wear a wide brimmed hat. No more ball caps.

Comment

Working...
                                X