No announcement yet.

Mini truck vs side by side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol, I just sold my tracker few months ago. Sami works better for my needs out West. We hunt 4,800 acres of a 40,000 acre ranch. Lots of dust if it’s not Dusty it’s muddy and Rocky.

Comment

Looks like I need to drive one and see how rough they ride. My Polaris Ranger is very smooth. I guess there is no perfect one.

Comment

Ived used an Isuzu Trooper so a little different than the mini but I wouldn’t take it over my side by side.

Ease of getting in and out and can go a lot more places.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hoytbowhunter View Post
          I use a Samurai best SxS you can buy.
          Had 3 over years and I agree...My wife said it must make its own gas...

Comment

Hey Sir, they go forever.

Comment

It looks cool but side-by-side 100%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’d go with the SxS. I’ve been in a few of those mini trucks and never cared for them. But it would probably be ok in fairly easy terrain and on roads I guess.

Had to laugh at the Sami comments. I had one years ago. Thought it was the greatest thing in the world and thought it could go anywhere. Until I got a SxS.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoytbowhunter View Post
                  Sure come ride behind me., on the oil rig Roads in West Texas. Or the pouring down rain days 20° out, I’ve these for years. and will never go back to a side-by-side. They all have their duties that they are good at.
                  I want to know more about pouring down rain in twenty degrees. :-)

Also depends on how big of a boy are you. Those mini's (not unlike Trackers and Samis) are pretty cramped if you come in adult size.

Comment

5’11, 225lbs no problems in and out.

Comment

Guess it depends on what SxS you compare it to. I finally bought a Can Am defender crew. It’ll 100% run circles around a jeep, mini truck, samurai, etc. It’s a hoss. But yeah no heat or AC.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                        Lol! Agreed!
                        They are a very capable vehicle, but they won’t go where a sxs will.
                        I had a 04 Jeep Rubicon with locking 5.13 gears and sitting on 35’s. It would go…Just not everywhere my sxs will.
                        I had on 03 on 5.13s and 35s with beadlocks. Even at 6-8 PSI they rode like a pile of bricks compared to a decent SxS.

Comment

So, this is a Chevy vs Ford vs Dodge vs Toyota thread?

Comment

Our mini truck is useless. Gets stuck on a wet blade of grass. Canam all day

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                              I had on 03 on 5.13s and 35s with beadlocks. Even at 6-8 PSI they rode like a pile of bricks compared to a decent SxS.
                              Yes sir.
                              They are great for a multipurpose vehicle, but there isn’t a comparison in off-road capabilities.

Comment

We had a scooby doo van on our lease. You could not get that thing stuck! The heater was great for cold mornings. I couldn't drive it. I couldn't fit in he front seat and work the clutch!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X