Pretty disappointed......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
    My employer owes me nothing, I owe my employer nothing, 22 years. I give them a days work, they pay me a days work. Nothing more, nothing less.
    I disagree. I'm an employer and my employees have many choices of where they can work. I owe them fair wages, keeping a backlog that ensures them future wages, a safe work environment, fair treatment, respect and appreciation. They owe the company hard work, dedication to the company goals, advancement of our culture and some appreciation for providing a source of feeding their family. Your statement sums up everything that is wrong with the employer/employee relationship in this country today.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
      Congratulations on 45 years. That’s an amazing accomplishment.
      Yes, congratulations!!!

Comment

Well congratulations on your longevity with they company...at least you did what most do not and stay at one place for that length of time.

I'd buy the most expensive thing in that catalogue they sent even if you don't want it then sell it or use it as a gift.

Comment

Congrats on the time served. Sadly we are just a number now. A few years ago, I was laid off. Major company, I worked in a small sector of it. We ran 24-7-365 and our up time was 98%+. Being a mechanic, I was dang proud of our accomplishments. The day I walked out, my foreman was the only salary person to say goodbye. That changed my way of thinking.
          Grab another Natty and toast yourself for a job well done! You deserve it !

Comment

Dang. That’s bs.
            I applaud your dedication to staying there for 45 years. That’s a hell of an accomplishment.

Comment

45 years is one heck of an accomplishment! Shame on them for showing such little appreciation

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                And, you get to top it off by celebrating with a natty lite

Comment

This is one one many examples of reasons why I quit DOW 15 years ago. It didn’t take me long to realize that I was just a number. My current employer gave me a Rolex after 10 years of service, and the owner has known my first & last name since day 1. DOW knew my employee number and when I badged in & out of the gate. Congrats to you on one helluva accomplishment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What happened to the days of the 25 th year anniversary Rolex ???

Comment

Lmmfao

I was with a United Technologies Corp for 15 years. But I wasn’t there for a gift

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I got a 10 year gift 5 years ago. It was given to me by one of the daughters of the owners.

She had no clue who I was. I was thanked for 10 years at their family's company by someone who didn't know me. All you can do is laugh.

Comment

Texas Instruments - 19 yrs., my thank you was a mass layoff.

Raytheon - 3 yrs., defense contracts, another layoff.

used to be good companies, pathetic now days. I say good riddance.

Comment

Congrats! That’s no way to recognize what you have done for that company

Comment

I know your frustration. When I turned my 15 years with my company they emailed me a printable certificate for the 15 year mark.

Comment

On my dads 25th anniversary of working for a electrical company they gave him a Bulova watch with diamonds. I guess things have changed, after 45 years I would expect a little more than a piece of plastic….

Comment

Working...
                                X