• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome ram !

Comment

Freak’n giant

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
        Yeah, I remember being shocked at the green. Y'all had had 6 or 8 inches of rain the week before our hunt, I think. I guess that's a whole year or maybe two years' worth of rain. So all the sheep that had been up on top near the windmills before the rain had scattered back down into the roughest parts of the canyons, just in time for our hunt.

I was expecting 100 degrees and dry. It was green and 75-80 degrees - and humid. I didn't really care what the weather was. I was sure excited to get the opportunity. What a great lifelong memory for Zach and I. It was awesome to be able to take him along with me.

Your family and others in that area are truly doing some awesome stuff with the bighorn program. I only wish more people could experience it first hand. It's special.

Shane, would you mind posting the link to that hunt? I’d sure like to see/read it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Amazing, wow

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
            Shane, would you mind posting the link to that hunt? I’d sure like to see/read it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Found it.....

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
              Yeah, I remember being shocked at the green. Y'all had had 6 or 8 inches of rain the week before our hunt, I think. I guess that's a whole year or maybe two years' worth of rain. So all the sheep that had been up on top near the windmills before the rain had scattered back down into the roughest parts of the canyons, just in time for our hunt.

I was expecting 100 degrees and dry. It was green and 75-80 degrees - and humid. I didn't really care what the weather was. I was sure excited to get the opportunity. What a great lifelong memory for Zach and I. It was awesome to be able to take him along with me.

Your family and others in that area are truly doing some awesome stuff with the bighorn program. I only wish more people could experience it first hand. It's special.
              Thanks for the kind words! You ever get this way again holler.

Comment

Originally posted by S-3 Ranch View Post
                https://www.monstermuleys.info/xf/th...ighorn.195435/

It’s farther down in the post threads where he makes that canned claim
                What a troglodyte...

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
                  That’s Awesome to hear that y’all are trying to exterminate them exotic sheep out of there. I would love to be able to help out hands on with putting sheep in all those mountain ranges besides sending donations to TxBHS and WSF. When you only make so much money you gotta pay bills and only get so much PTO. Since y’all are in the Chinati’s, do you know why the state land there isn’t open to any recreation? Especially hunting for aoudad.
                  Actually not in Chianti’s, just been involved with sheep program for quite a while. All the state land I am familiar with is leased, typically by neighboring rancher, so public access is not available. Not familiar with the state land in Chinati’s though.

Every spring, TBS has a work project somewhere in TransPecos for sheep. If you have never been, it is a good time and get to see some great sheep habitat.

Comment

New state record big horn

They saw 56 rams in 2 days. [emoji15][emoji15]

That’s pretty amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
                      They saw 56 rams in 2 days. [emoji15][emoji15]

That’s pretty amazing.
                      I'm sure the vast majority were immature and not shooters yet.

Comment

Awesome! Congratulations

Comment

Dang that's nice!

Comment

I have been trying to get information and public access for over 20 years. I met all kinds of roadblocks and no one would even talk with me about the place. I rode fences there as a kid in the 70s. Great Mule deer and Carmen mountain whitetails in the 70s. Not sure what is there now.

Comment

Working...
                            X