Sonora / Sutton County 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sonora / Sutton County 2021

Thought I would get this started. We're still seeing the numbers improve and we're pouring the protein to them. Anyone seeing any of the transplanted deer? We've seen two so far off of 189. It doesn't look like we lost any exotics to freeze a weeks ago. Good luck to everyone this spring turkey season.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by BrianG View Post
    Thought I would get this started. We're still seeing the numbers improve and we're pouring the protein to them. Anyone seeing any of the transplanted deer? We've seen two so far off of 189. It doesn't look like we lost any exotics to freeze a weeks ago. Good luck to everyone this spring turkey season.
    I left my lease of years out there after it was wiped out. Are you saying the State transplanted deer back into the area? After going through that mess one time I don't want any part of an area prone to that. Spend a small fortune and invest years into your herd to have them all die in 2 weeks. Bad thing is it's not if but when it hits again. We finally had a decent population of mature bucks to hunt after years of managing for them and almost overnight they all died. Hopefully it's many years between outbreaks for you guys that stuck it out.

Comment

transplanted deer? Do they have tags in?

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
        transplanted deer? Do they have tags in?
        Yes they do as required by the TTP program from TPWD.
        Attached Files

Comment

We had a good turkey opener. My daughter got a couple of birds, and my son unfortunately missed one.
          Attached Files

Comment

Pulled my camera cards last weekend. Saw several axis, lots of turkeys, lots of hogs...very thin on the WT numbers tho.

Comment

Looking to fill a spot/lease in this area. I hunt with my mostly bow if alone or if my wife or 6 year old little girl is along we will watch deer and or crack the 30-30.
              Willing to pay up to 3k per a spot + feed!
              I have feeders -corn, protein and cotton seed feeders. I have My krivoman blind , Rv and buggy. Mojo our blood trailing dog comes along too. We’re Willing to work on work weekends and help manage a herd. We love camp life and family time. No all nighters for us. 11pm is late!! I have a 3 yr old son that will share camp every now and then, not hunting yet.
              We’re no meat hunter by any means, walked many Ah deer - last year not killing anything.
              Please pm me if you think I’d fit, we also love to cook!
              Wife in I will split tags. If she’s up to shooting anything anyways. Thank you in advance!

Comment

Ttt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Seeing plenty of deer and exotics between 864 & 10. Dumped a ton of protein and corn out for back in July. They are on the protein hard.

Headed back up for Dove opener..... Can't wait.

Comment

I was out there a few weeks ago. Unfortunately, I only had one camera out but we put several out and should have some good picks when we go back in a couple of weeks. Everything is looking good so far.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Im excited to contribute to this thread this year. We are currently under contract on our place

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

proggress

BG

Glad to see ur WT are coming back. Melvin still beating the brush with ya'll?

Comment

Originally posted by mikem View Post
                          BG

Glad to see ur WT are coming back. Melvin still beating the brush with ya'll?
                          He's still giving 'em hell!

Comment

Looks good Brian. Ready to get out there

Comment

headed out west this weekend to hang one more last minute stand and shoot some birds.

Comment

Working...
                              X