San Luis Pass fishing question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

San Luis Pass fishing question

Will be heading down and staying near the pass for a few days this weekend. I've never been across the bridge off the island to fish...is there any good/better fishing over that way? Less people? I'm not opposed to you sharing your secret fishing hole coordinates with me.

It’s going to be windier than Lubbock this week so if you plan on fishing the surf it won’t matter where you’re at. Lol

Comment

You may be fully aware, but, dont wade into the water at San Luis Pass. No matter how calm it may look.

Comment

San Luis Pass can be some real bad juju.

Comment

The winds are 20+ out of the south so it’s probably not going to be worth trying.

Comment

If you’re deadset on trying you might be able to get a little shelter in Christmas or Drum bay. Possibly coldpass.

Comment

Originally posted by MLank View Post
              You may be fully aware, but, dont wade into the water at San Luis Pass. No matter how calm it may look.

If you aren’t aware of what he is talking about please ask

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Great fishing on the back side of the pass around bird island and the flats on the Galveston side. But it will be a parking lot with boats and waders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Please do not wade at SLP. Cast out from about shin deep and find a chair. If you wanna wade hit up Christmas bay, and hang a right. Sometimes you can pick up a few on the shorelines early morning.

Comment

The surf is rolling. We tried last weekend. No bueno. I should have listened to those who said, stay home. Please stay out of the pass. Too many lose their lives there.

Comment

There is some good wading on the back side of the island there. And it might be the only protected water where you are at. Where are you staying?

Comment

The water adjacent to SLP are a known Death Trap. Big wind pumping from the south, keep to leeward shorelines of Christmas and West bays.

Comment

I appreciate the advice. I’ll stay out of the water there. We rented a house right near the pass so I thought I would fish a little.

Comment

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
                            Will be heading down and staying near the pass for a few days this weekend. I've never been across the bridge off the island to fish...is there any good/better fishing over that way? Less people? I'm not opposed to you sharing your secret fishing hole coordinates with me.
                            Just FYI, the other side of the pass is also an island!

You can drive or park/walk into a few areas along Christmas and Drum Bay to wade, but if it's going to be that windy there may not be much good water to wade. You might wanna just take some bait, a cooler of beer and a lawn chair and find a friendly place to fish under a cork. Maybe the wind will keep the mosquitoes off of you. Good luck!

Comment

Find a place to freeline live shrimp under lights. Depending on tide movement, 3:00 am until daylight can be fantastic. Incoming tide is best but as long as the current is moving the bite can really turn on.

Comment

Working...
                              X