Shoulder pain. Dr Appt Thursday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shoulder pain. Dr Appt Thursday

Well, I've decided to go see the orthopedic surgeon on Thursday regarding pain in my shoulder. I played baseball and haven't missed a season from T-ball except for when I had Tommy John surgery in 2010. I've even stuck with baseball after college in some adult leagues around DFW. I think the hundreds of thousands, if not a million times I've thrown a baseball my entire life has finally caught up with me

The pain is in the joint from "10 to 2," and is very similar to the pain I had in my left shoulder (non-throwing) in 2007 when I had shoulder surgery then. Due to the similarities in pain during certain positions, and the location, I believe I will be getting some bad news in the form of a torn labrum.

If you've been following my posts any, you know I'll be a dad in November. I'm hoping to work with the doctor on scheduling surgery if they determine this is what it comes to. I want to be able to hold the kid and help out with an infant, and of course, play catch when that time comes.

Not to mention bow season! Want to be ready come October. If I remember correctly, about 3 months of rehab is what it took last time. Please pray for me....hope all ends up well.

Prayers for you that some injections and/or rehab is all you need.
    I've got an appt. for my right shoulder; Pain is on the side and up towards the top. It's been bothering me for about 2 months and has gotten so bad I wake up several times a night when I'm laying on that side. I'm like you, and have Too Much going on to have surgery, but if I do, I do, and want to get it over with so I can be in the woods opening day!

Comment

Originally posted by Tbuddyandroby View Post
      I've got an appt. for my right shoulder; Pain is on the side and up towards the top. It's been bothering me for about 2 months and has gotten so bad I wake up several times a night when I'm laying on that side. I'm like you, and have Too Much going on to have surgery, but if I do, I do, and want to get it over with so I can be in the woods opening day!
      Good luck to you buddy.

Comment

CTom87, does that mean you might miss the 3D shoot this weekend at Cowtown Bowmen? I was really looking forward to seeing you out there.

Comment

Get it fixed buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Terran28 View Post
            CTom87, does that mean you might miss the 3D shoot this weekend at Cowtown Bowmen? I was really looking forward to seeing you out there.
            I am not 100% sure that I can make it. All depends on how long the honey do list is. But if I can make it, the injury will not prevent me from shooting. Now if I ended up needing the surgery, this year's archery season may be in jeopardy. And November is already in jeopardy also since I should be having a kid that month.

Lots up in the air - but thank you for asking. I hope to make it.

Comment

I tried rehab and steroid shots but I have no cartilage left after too many sports injuries caused rheumatoid arthritis. Aleve PM is the only way I get sleep. My DR said it's time for shoulder replacement but I have been putting it off. I've decided to go ahead with it since the younger I am the faster I will heal and the more time I will get to enjoy the use of it. I'm hoping I will be able to play golf and bow hunt again.

Ctom87 good luck to you. Hope it is and easier fix.

Comment

Originally posted by Tryton View Post
                I tried rehab and steroid shots but I have no cartilage left after too many sports injuries caused rheumatoid arthritis. Aleve PM is the only way I get sleep. My DR said it's time for shoulder replacement but I have been putting it off. I've decided to go ahead with it since the younger I am the faster I will heal and the more time I will get to enjoy the use of it. I'm hoping I will be able to play golf and bow hunt again.

Ctom87 good luck to you. Hope it is and easier fix.
                CTOM good luck to you. The sins of our youth seem to be catching up to all of us lately.

Tryton, if your doctor told you sports injuries caused RA you need to go find another doctor! RA is an autoimmune disorder.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbuddyandroby View Post
                  I have the exact same symptoms. Sleeping on my left shoulder kills me . As well as lifting my arm straight out to the side with anything over 10 lbs in my hand.. my insurance made me get a exray which came back negative . Now I have to take medication for 6 weeks before they will ok the MRI..

Comment

Get it fixed, and seriously the most important thing is, do not skip rehab! You will he glad you didn’t skip it down the road.

Comment

Good luck! I'm 8 1/2 weeks post op and cleared last week to start working my way back stronger and shooting my bow as soon as I can comfortably draw it. I tried on Friday and I'm definitely not there yet. I probably could have gotten it back but I didn't want to push it unnecessarily.

Comment

Originally posted by nursejenn View Post
                        Good luck! I'm 8 1/2 weeks post op and cleared last week to start working my way back stronger and shooting my bow as soon as I can comfortably draw it. I tried on Friday and I'm definitely not there yet. I probably could have gotten it back but I didn't want to push it unnecessarily.
                        You turning the draw weight down any?

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
                          You turning the draw weight down any?
                          A couple turns on each limb. I've got plenty of time to get back so I'm not rushing it. I feel pretty good right now.

Comment

Originally posted by nursejenn View Post
                            A couple turns on each limb. I've got plenty of time to get back so I'm not rushing it. I feel pretty good right now.
                            Smart. Don't need to rush into anything. There is 0 pain when drawing back now. I believe it's SLAP tear based on what I am feeling, where the pain is, etc. We will see. Thursday can't get here soon enough! Hate the waiting!!

Comment

Go see Dr Keith Watson. Shoulder guru in your area. I know many if you need other opinions. Good luck

Comment

Working...
                              X